An Interesting T-Shirt

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat shirt for sure. I assume that you are getting one of them since it matches your handle.

Justpipes":jqnd73dc said:
Neat shirt for sure. I assume that you are getting one of them since it matches your handle.
I may just have to! Would be a great conversation starter when folks who know nothing about pipes see it.

I bought one of these about two weeks ago!!
$10 was a great deal. The seller also makes pipes.

Cool t-shirt! If he had a triple XL I would have definitely scored one.

Hurry KAP, you may miss out...... cool shirt, was thinking about it but the shipping to RSA would be the equivalent of 4!
:cyclops:
.....Cool, now I know what that means too, was meaning to seek it out on google but I guess you jumped me to it!

cool, thanks for the link. I was just looking in my closet yesterday thinking, the last thing I need is another T-shirt. :x

That is a really cool shirt there Kap. Understated and classy as far as printed t-shirts go. Maybe I can convince the better half to get one for my upcoming bday. :lol:

shadrack":wi7wbqy2 said:
That is a really cool shirt there Kap. Understated and classy as far as printed t-shirts go. Maybe I can convince the better half to get one for my upcoming bday. :lol:
Hey Shad.... welcome back bro...... where you been and when is your bday? :cheers:

Eleknar":mr7hw7l9 said:
Is this a real word or was it made up but a pipe enthusiast?
I would guess it's created from Greek/Latin base words. One of my student's a while back told me the reason they failed my course was they had Sinistrilogoterraephobia, which if my poor Latin serves me is fear of left-handed geography teachers!

Natch

Piet Binsbergen":wmhf83a8 said:
Hey Shad.... welcome back bro...... where you been and when is your bday? :cheers:
Hey Piet. I'm still here. I just don't spend as much time online during the summer. Being that I live in Syracuse, where we only get a few short months of nice weather, I like to take advantage of it as much as possible! 8/8 bday here. Hope you're doing well down there. Did you catch any World Cup matches? :)

Eleknar":5euuoy5p said:
Is this a real word or was it made up but a pipe enthusiast?
All 'real words' are 'made up' by somebody, they do not just drop out of the sky. At some point, every word in existence was created by somebody, who first uttered it. In the sciences, new words are created all the time as new discoveries are made or new fields created.

As for the term in question, it was created by a pipe enthusiast some decades back (I do not recall off hand who, but did track it down at one point). Like all good scientific terms, it was created from two Greek roots: the noun for smoke (καπνός; 'kapnós') and the common suffix for 'study of' (-(o)logy). A 'kapnismologist' is one who engages in the 'study of smoke'.

Piet Binsbergen":hypf47dr said:
Hurry KAP, you may miss out...... cool shirt, was thinking about it but the shipping to RSA would be the equivalent of 4!
:cyclops:
.....Cool, now I know what that means too, was meaning to seek it out on google but I guess you jumped me to it!
What size do you, Jean & Mudd wear?
Send me a PM.