An Update

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irene Adler

Reaction score
Well, brothers. After years of building illness, I finally have a diagnosis. I have sleep apnea.

Now all I have to do is wear a mask at night and, according to my neurologist, I'll be as good as new. I was supposed to start treatment on Monday night, but they set up my machine wrong and I woke up yesterday with gas in my stomach as well as sore eyes, ears, and sinuses. The doctor made the necessary adjustments yesterday afternoon and last night I had one of the best nights of sleep I have ever had.

I am officially on the mend.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Look out world, Amy Jo is back!

WooHoo Congrats Amy .... A sleeping disorder is never nice and can lead to all sorts of additional ailments. Glad you're on the mend. Sleep tight

Irene,

It's no big thing, I've been using a CPAP for several years now and sleep like a baby. Takes a week or two to get used to it, and yes, you sound like Darth Vader when you talk, but it's really not much of a hassle. I hope, like most of us on them, that it helps you tremendously. I didn't knew that I've probably never had a decent nights sleep in my life until I was diagnosed with SA and put on a CPAP.

Natch

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:face:

Glad you're diagnosed and doing better. Everyone I know with a CPAP says the same thing, total life-changer.

Very cool. Besides the practical aspects, the "shadow of uncertainty" anxiety is gone as well.

Onward and upward! :cheers:

One of my son's has one of them and uses it so he can sleep too. I guess when you have that problem it's a good fix, I know he doesn't want to forget that thing when he goes some place.

Congrats on the fix!

Skip

Glad to hear that things are working out for you, sis!!

My wife and I have both been diagnosed with SA. And, we've both been using CPAP machines for over a year now. We love them!!! My wife took to hers like a duck takes to water. It took me over 2 months to get used to mine so that I didn't pull the mask off at night. In addition to the CPAP, I have to have a liter of oxygen going all night. So, it took a while for me to get used to all the noises of the two CPAP machines and the oxygen pump.

Now, my wife and I won't go to sleep without our machines! We've both learned the hard way that if we don't wear our masks, we can sleep for 12 or more hours and feel as if we've not slept at all!

Again, glad to know you're getting straightened out!!

Robert

Lucky that it is SA and not some other sleeping disorder like narcolepsy. Glad to hear you are feeling better and sleeping better. :cheers:

St Fiacre":a2h4ui8g said:
Lucky that it is SA and not some other sleeping disorder like narcolepsy.
Aaaaamen to that brother!!!

I used to know a fellow that had narcolepsy. One of the kindest chaps you could ever want to know. But, it was pitiful how the narcolepsy cost him his job, his marriage, and almost everything else in his life! :no: :no:

Ah yes. A CPAP is a wonderful machine for getting a good night's sleep. I'm so happy to hear you're doing better!