Annoying comments directed at pipe smokers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I smoke mine on the landing outside my front door sometimes just to watch the neighborhood a bit. The other day a couple of my neighbors were walking by, we said our hellos and then as they were walking away I hear the wife say to the husband:

"he looks even scarier with his pipe". :lol!:

Greenleaf":dnewx7pm said:
Already can't help but snarl so often when I go out, just look at these freakish fashion statements and sorry idiot fools. Does it strike y'all funny that given all that, a guy just smoking his pipe should attract some special attention?
It truly is amazing how there are few if any comments made as a guy walks down the street with 2/3 of his ass hanging out of his pants... or, a gal walks into a convenience store with her bra straps shining in the back and her tits hangin' out in the front... or, a 400 pound, 50 year old grandma in a pair of terrycloth Daisy Dukes and a see through halter top that's three sizes too small bends over to pick something up in Walmart and it is obvious to everyone that part of her thong has disappeared into her jungle covered monkey and the other part has disappeared into her brown stained ass crack... the sight of which blinds 2/3 of the Walmart patrons!! But, let a guy (or gal) fire up a cigarette, pipe, or cigar within eye shot of someone else, and he/she is instantly crucified for being the scourge of the earth; and is instantly charged with being the cause for cancer... worldwide!!!!!!!!! It just don't make good sense to me!!!! :no: :no:

I guess you could always tell folks something similar to what I told a woman in Nashville, TN. I have not always had the kind, gentle disposition I now have!! :twisted:

It was back when it was still legal to smoke in restaurants. After tiring of her comments about how my second hand cigarette smoke was killing everyone around me, I turned to her and said, "Woman, you are so fucking ugly that your looks alone are causing men to become gay, preventing pregnancies, causing people to commit suicide, scaring the shit out of little children, and causing heart patients to fall dead at the instant they behold your ugliness!!! And, all I am doing is very slowly killing a few people with my second hand smoke. When you become beautiful, I'll stop smoking!!!"

With that, her smoker husband who apparently wouldn't have had enough balls to yell sooie if the pigs were after him, carefully removed a cigarette from his pack, placed it in his mouth, lit it, took a big drag, blew the smoke squarely in her face, smiled, and asked her, "Now... will you please shut the fuck up???" It was truly a Kodak moment!!!!!!

Frost":dnewx7pm said:
I smoke mine on the landing outside my front door sometimes just to watch the neighborhood a bit. The other day a couple of my neighbors were walking by, we said our hellos and then as they were walking away I hear the wife say to the husband:

"he looks even scarier with his pipe". :lol!:
Brother Frost... that is truly PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Robert

Yeah but some of the positive comments have ulterior motives.

I'm at the drive thru at the pharmacy the other day and the pharmacy tech tells me she loves the smell of my pipe. I replied by saying that it probably smells much better than my cigars. She looks at me and smiles and says that she likes the smell of those too.

That's when I knew I was being patronized! Some middle aged women can be such horn dogs. I thought to myself, woman pay attention to what you're doing and make sure I get 30 pills in that bottle! Jeez..... :roll:

Dutch":nr2jvfck said:
Yeah but some of the positive comments have ulterior motives.

I'm at the drive thru at the pharmacy the other day and the pharmacy tech tells me she loves the smell of my pipe. I replied by saying that it probably smells much better than my cigars. She looks at me and smiles and says that she likes the smell of those too.

That's when I knew I was being patronized! Some middle aged women can be such horn dogs. I thought to myself, woman pay attention to what you're doing and make sure I get 30 pills in that bottle! Jeez..... :roll:
So... a woman who's good-to-go, likes the smell of smoke, and has access to a pharmacy? Yours is a hard life, a hard life indeed!

I never get comments on pipes or cigars. I think I just don't look as friendly as y'all do. :lol:

beebiz":mnqrgkxx said:
It truly is amazing how there are few if any comments made as a guy walks down the street with 2/3 of his ass hanging out of his pants...
You better be packing some heat if you try that with the "local youths" Robert!!! :p

Here's something for all of us to enjoy! :D

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

DoverPipes":teee6bkm said:
beebiz":teee6bkm said:
It truly is amazing how there are few if any comments made as a guy walks down the street with 2/3 of his ass hanging out of his pants...
You better be packing some heat if you try that with the "local youths" Robert!!! :p
I've no doubt that is the truth! What few there are around our little country town would just beat the $hit out of you. But, I know that in the bigger cities you'd be lucky if all they did was to shoot, cut, or stab you!!!!! :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

Robert

This last Halloween I was smoking my pipe at a party, and I was dressed in a tweed sport jacket and cord with a tie. I was not dressed unusually for me, but people kept asking me what I was dressed as. It was kinda annoying but I understand in the context of the holiday.

St Fiacre":807la4h9 said:
This last Halloween I was smoking my pipe at a party, and I was dressed in a tweed sport jacket and cord with a tie. I was not dressed unusually for me, but people kept asking me what I was dressed as. It was kinda annoying but I understand in the context of the holiday.
The exact same happened to me! They declared I was Sherlock Holmes.

Before our campus went smoke free, a cute, female student walked up to me near the fountain and commented how much she liked the smell of my pipe and added, "you smell just like my grandpa", to which my friend added as soon as she departed, "yea, old, un-bathed, and incontinent".

:lol:

Natch

hey shootist51, i'm out in greencastle! you go to any good tobacco shops besides hardwicks?

before i started smoking a pipe, we'd tease my brother when he'd light up at the bar. we called him hobbit joel.

when i'm in public, i do try and smoke only my best room note tobacco. it helps keep the peace, i think. i get nothing but compliments.

They all usually bother me. Being twenty, smoking a pipe and not small in anyway, it's hard for me to go unnoticed. The comment that always gets me is "Now that's classy." or some configuration of that. Do they mean that as a compliment or an insult? Since obviously in my worn boots, oil stained jeans, tshirt and leather jacket, I'm far from class. But whatever. I do smoke it in public some, at campus I often to, deciding not to care anymore what people think. However one day some people in a window from a second floor hall held up a sharpie written sign that said 'Nice pipe fag". I went to the hall and they were now just on a laptop. I asked them what the sign said, pretending I couldn't read it. Their faces were priceless.
People thinking it's drugs is all to common. I've had cops smell the bowl, people start going into a ten minute thing about pot, which I don't smoke, so I just sat smoking, wishing a friend would walk by.
Sometimes another pipe smoker finds me this way.

Some girls tend to like it, so that's a plus, or it could just be giving them an opportunity to approach me...
Long of the short of it. I get good and bad reactions, but I think the bad ones stick out more, won't stop me from smoking though.

I heard most of these remarks, and yes I've been likened to Sherlock Holmes, when I was 19 or 20 around that age. Still, I'm 28 now and a few years has made a difference although I dress and groom myself the same. I've been told that I look older and "meaner," which could explain why I'm seldom ever approached by random idiots. So there's hope.

Actually, since I no longer carry cigarettes, far fewer people have any reason to bother me. My uncle told me this line to pass onto cigarette bums: "I don't smoke, and I don't like people who do." Had some fun with that one, while enjoying my Marlboros.

beebiz":uffpf3fn said:
DoverPipes":uffpf3fn said:
beebiz":uffpf3fn said:
I've no doubt that is the truth! What few there are around our little country town would just beat the $hit out of you. But, I know that in the bigger cities you'd be lucky if all they did was to shoot, cut, or stab you!!!!! :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

Robert
I spoke too soon........
http://www.newser.com/story/102295/man-shoots-teen-over-saggy-pants.html

Interesting they only charged him with assult insted of attempted murder.

Handsome Dynamite":uke0s3ud said:
They all usually bother me. Being twenty, smoking a pipe and not small in anyway, it's hard for me to go unnoticed. The comment that always gets me is "Now that's classy." or some configuration of that. Do they mean that as a compliment or an insult? Since obviously in my worn boots, oil stained jeans, tshirt and leather jacket, I'm far from class.
I think I've got ya beat, Dynamite. I'm 5'7", I wear cargo shorts, t-shirts, and skater shoes, I play in a band, and I'm 23. Not exactly the epitome of the classy pipe smoker here. :joker:

DoverPipes":ni35bcv6 said:
beebiz":ni35bcv6 said:
DoverPipes":ni35bcv6 said:
beebiz":ni35bcv6 said:

Robert
I spoke too soon........
http://www.newser.com/story/102295/man-shoots-teen-over-saggy-pants.html
I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I guess you could say that the teen's actions came back to "bite" him in the ass!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: The scary part is that once the poor guy gets out of jail, the two teens will probably hunt him down and beat him within a thread of his life or kill him!!! :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

ZeroContent":ni35bcv6 said:
Interesting they only charged him with assult insted of attempted murder.
The DA probably didn't feel right charging the poor guy with anything!! After all, it was a clear, cut case of self defense because of the fact that the two teens assaulted him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert

Blackthorn":rsyet9yx said:
Handsome Dynamite":rsyet9yx said:
They all usually bother me. Being twenty, smoking a pipe and not small in anyway, it's hard for me to go unnoticed. The comment that always gets me is "Now that's classy." or some configuration of that. Do they mean that as a compliment or an insult? Since obviously in my worn boots, oil stained jeans, tshirt and leather jacket, I'm far from class.
I think I've got ya beat, Dynamite. I'm 5'7", I wear cargo shorts, t-shirts, and skater shoes, I play in a band, and I'm 23. Not exactly the epitome of the classy pipe smoker here. :joker:
I dunno, working on a night freight team and being too lazy to shave more than once or twice a month is pretty bad....
Course talking about unclassy we are has to give lots of non-class points