Any fans of talk radio out there?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anasazi6

Reaction score
I've been a listener to talk radio for many years. Recently, I came across Dennis Prager for the first time and have found him to be one of the best educated and most articulate men I have ever heard.

Does anyone else listen to him on a regular basis or know of any other talk show hosts that they would recommend?

DC in Texas

Diane Reems. She's the only one I've heard that DOESN"T WHINE all the time. I don't waste my time with the rest of 'em. :twisted: JMHO :twisted:

Do baseball games count? :lol: Sporting events are the best use of radio broadcasting, if you ask me.

Kyle Weiss":c81h8skv said:
Do baseball games count? :lol: Sporting events are the best use of radio broadcasting, if you ask me.
Had'nt thought of this that way, but I agree 100% with ya on this one Kyle :twisted:

monbla256":0tpasjl5 said:
I agree 100% with ya on this one Kyle :twisted:
Holy effing geez, it must be raining toads. :lol: Everyone, the rapture is upon us.

8)

monbla256":dk473uh7 said:
Kyle Weiss":dk473uh7 said:
Had'nt thought of this that way, but I agree 100% with ya on this one Kyle :twisted:
John Miller, Dwayne Kuiper, Mike Krukow, Dave Flemming!

gravel":8xk6i870 said:
John Miller, Dwayne Kuiper, Mike Krukow, Dave Flemming!
Like old friends to us Giants fans, eh? :cheers: Awesome guys. Fun sense of humor. Crafty wit.

Only when I want to increase my blood pressure...don't need the bulls..t.

I am not a fan of talk radio. The few show hosts I've listened to are blowhards who whine endlessly about their pet peeves while abusing those foolish enough to call in to voice an opposing view. I don't find that entertaining. My opinion holds for talk show hosts who share my opinions as well as those who don't. I don't enjoy being talked at. I prefer to discuss issues face to face with someone, particularly someone who holds opposing views, because I can learn more from them than I can by associating only with like-minded individuals. I'd rather be challenged than stroked. End of rant. Sorry.

radio807":2ta4wj5x said:
I am not a fan of talk radio. The few show hosts I've listened to are blowhards who whine endlessly about their pet peeves while abusing those foolish enough to call in to voice an opposing view. I don't find that entertaining. My opinion holds for talk show hosts who share my opinions as well as those who don't. I don't enjoy being talked at. I prefer to discuss issues face to face with someone, particularly someone who holds opposing views, because I can learn more from them than I can by associating only with like-minded individuals. I'd rather be challenged than stroked. End of rant. Sorry.
Rush Limbaugh embodies all the worst characteristics as above, and the tenor of what he says is vicious and vile. I'm sure it's money that keeps him on the air; it's certainly not anything to do with being an able talk host. I'm hoping to be introduced some day so I can hit him in the mouth.

I'm in the car a lot and listen to a lot of radio, but it is all XM (Satellite) since 2003, when I was an early subscriber. I listened to "Don & Mike" for many years before that duo left the airwaves. These days, on XM I listen to Opie & Anthony in the morning, but I don't always appreciate their brand of humour. I used to listen to Ron & Fez when they were in DC and they now do afternoons on XM. Ron Bennington is one of best radio interviewers I have ever heard and I really enjoy his sarcastic whit and his knowledge of music (rock & roll). Jay Thomas also has an XM show and has a unique style. It turns out he was in radio way before he was an actor.

alfredo_buscatti":9t96c4j0 said:
radio807":9t96c4j0 said:
Rush Limbaugh embodies all the worst characteristics as above, and the tenor of what he says is vicious and vile. I'm sure it's money that keeps him on the air; it's certainly not anything to do with being an able talk host. I'm hoping to be introduced some day so I can hit him in the mouth.
AMEN TO THAT !!!! :twisted:

monbla256":9msmqh47 said:
alfredo_buscatti":9msmqh47 said:
radio807":9msmqh47 said:
AMEN TO THAT !!!! :twisted:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yes, I am an avid and regular listener of Glen Beck and Coast2Coast AM. Both are great radio shows that will expand your horizons and test your patience!

I find Rush Limbaugh quite entertaining. I'm not much of a social conservative, but he sure as hell has the "liberal" mentality figured out. The only thing is, today's "liberal" is not liberal, as anyone could learn by reading their opinion pieces in the paper or, say, a pipe smokers' forum.

Coast to Coast ended when Art Bell left. :shrug: 15 minutes of ads and 15 minutes of more mainstream headline commentary leap-frogging showed me where they took C2C, and it's not worth wading through it to find half-interesting segments anymore.

Can't listen to any of those guys for very long any more. I used to listen to Rush back when he was first getting big but I realized after awhile he was just pushing buttons to make you angry. Stupid thing to put yourself through.