Any fans of talk radio out there?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob_In_MO":np818isl said:
I used to listen to Bob & Tom every morning for years on the way to work. :lol:
And I thought they were Tom & Jerry all these years :twisted:

I think I am going to have to buy a couple of smiley face rolls to add more often. Or announce satire ahead.

Left and Right are just more of the same these days. Both want to tell me how to lead my life. Both need a bit of deflating, IMO. Hang around such a topic long enough and you see why the terms are interchangeable.

I guess there is plenty of religion on both side. There sure as hell is enough righteous indignation.

P.S. I don't think God is Republican or Democrat...HONEST!!!

JKenP":uv3j57nw said:
I guess there is plenty of religion on both side. There sure as hell is enough righteous indignation.
You're right ( or should I say correct) there for sure ! :twisted:

Well maybe we should just discuss something we can all agree on. :lol!:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f0nm1qDT19g" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Of course that's only if we narrow the discussion -- unlike talk radio.
People shouldn't just up and kill people. See, we all agree.

Actually, this all seems a prime example of either side using emotions to justify bad legislation. Right and left have more in common in most issues than they are willing to admit when/if they can remove the emotional component. There lies the rub. All of us, can and will use emotion to overrule logic. A recent study showed it as a given. We are all being manipulated. We can't avoid that. It isn't sinister as much as effective.

Look at this site. It is brotherly love and community like my neighborhood in the 50's. But we can quickly move to weak indictments of opposite views using strong words. Now take any of those ingrained response we've seen here and move them into the everyday reality. In an instant, we'd can switch to seek and destroy.

Of course [my name here]'s soap box is obviously based on superior intellect, humanity, whatever. Right... Have I got a bridge for you, Brother.