Any Ham Radio Operators?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tslots":l3vg4gn5 said:
I don't do SW radio myself, but my brother-in-law owns a company that makes SW equipment (Elecraft).
Elecraft is excellent equipment!!

Yes, he definitely loves it. He travels all over the world to attend trade shows and enthusiast events.

It's a great thing to be able to make a (very) good living off your hobby.

Wanted my amateur license in the worst way when I was a teenager but could never afford it. Finally got my license a couple of years ago and do enjoy it mostly just sandbagging and occasionally will jump into on an open conversation. Travel a lot by car and carry a 2m HT. As much for the APRS in case the wife can't reach me on the cell and wants to figure out where I am at. Enjoy SWL'ing as well too bad this is becoming another victim to the internet. Link

KD0GIS

Hunter5117":750nzy6d said:
Wanted my amateur license in the worst way when I was a teenager but could never afford it. Finally got my license a couple of years ago and do enjoy it mostly just sandbagging and occasionally will jump into on an open conversation. Travel a lot by car and carry a 2m HT. As much for the APRS in case the wife can't reach me on the cell and wants to figure out where I am at. Enjoy SWL'ing as well too bad this is becoming another victim to the internet. Link

KD0GIS
I started looking into APRS last month. I've been looking at a system sold by Byonics. We plan on using it in a weather balloon payload. I'm planning to send a weather balloon up with a 2M simplex repeater to see what kind of range we can get at 80,000+ ft.
Should be fun. :)

N8MME here and checking in. I just found this thread via the search.

Always wanted a licsence but don't have the time...I may pull rank and get it for my work in very remote areas. Otherwise I have a cheapy but good Eton E5 for SW, and use it frequently for music experimentation.

I have been since 94. Did a lot of home brewing at first with old tubes etc. First 3 years did cw on my rigs. Mostly rag chew on 80m now. I do not have room for a 160m antenna but will try to get one up anyway.

Conditions good to the Pacific tonight. Just worked T32C several times rather quickly on several bands without the amp. (East Kiribati - Christmas island)

12m 00:32z SSB
15m 00:35z CW
10m 00:36z CW
10m 00:39z SSB

Back to listening to the static on 6 meters and hoping for an opening.

I have a N2 call sign, never went for general.

Should get a book to read up and go take test, been out of it for 18+ yrs.

Still have radios stuffed in basement from when I moved back then.

eggman":f2xdrkre said:
I took my general test saturday and passed. So now I am kj4unx/ag til it is posted on the fcc site.
Congratulations!!! :cheers: I hope to run into you on HF one day.

Buckshot":f70oo0ze said:
eggman":f70oo0ze said:
I took my general test saturday and passed. So now I am kj4unx/ag til it is posted on the fcc site.
Congratulations!!! :cheers: I hope to run into you on HF one day.
Buckshot, it would be honor to talk to you on the bands. Or any other BOB for that matter. I think it would be great to get a pipe net going on 15m,20m,or 40m.

Or I could just throw this out there and see how it goes. According to hamqsl.com 40 and 20 are supposed to be good tonight so if anyone is around later say after 7pm. I will be tuned and listening to 7.250 or in the general area depending on if anyone else is on that freq.

73 kj4unx

well 7.250 has alot of spanish shortwave stuff all around there so if anyone has a freq or band they love just post it and we will get our ragchew on. hi hi

73 kj4unx

eggman":46bzb8cn said:

Good Going. :study:

Name here is Ian, KB8ZVJ.

I too think enjoying a fine briar with an English blend while hamming it up is most delightful.

If anyone so desires, I would be willing to net control a ham-briar net on echolink, if I can find a willing echolink node owner and sponsor.

Thinking of Sun nights at 9:30pm eastern.

Ian, KB8ZVJ

KD8CVK, here formerly N0CDM

Inactive right now , Love QRP (low Power operation)
once worked Rome from central Oklahoma
with less than 1 watt

73's DE KD8CVK clear

The ham population in the USA has never been higher than it is now. We went over 700,000 hams recently. So many different directions to go. I am often chasing some DX, or contesting some on weekends. Otherwise I am monitoring 6 meters for an opening.