Any Idea How Talberts Ligne Bretagne Bulldogs Smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeDragon

Reaction score
Hi,

I know the base bowls are pre-turned old French stummels finished by Trevor, but the work seems pretty solid and I was wondering who here owns/ has owned one and how do they smoke.

Thanks and take care

I had one, sort of a billiard, and it superheated each time I smoked it. But to condemn a whole line of pipes for this fault would be foolish.

I've got one of his Cuttys, and it compares favorably to the pipes I normally smoke, those being classic English pipes from the 50s-70s. He cuts a nice stem. They're an above average pipe for $150.

I have 2 LBs. They are smallish, about a Gp2-3, which is my speed these days. One is just excellent as a puffer; the second one I just got and am breaking it in. The design and construction are first rate, and I like that the wood has a lot of age on it.

hp
les

I have one LB. Gorgeous pipe, but I haven't smoked it. Realized it was a bit too small for my taste.

peckinpahhombre":qdijt9ok said:
I have one LB. Gorgeous pipe, but I haven't smoked it. Realized it was a bit too small for my taste.
Is it for sale? :mrgreen:

Hey Ocelet. To be honest, I hadn't really thought about it. I guess I always thought I would keep it to trade some day. Let me noodle on it.

Never say never on smaller pipes. I used to think it was group 6 and ODA or go home, but then I shifted to mostly Va flakes. I can smoke a partially rubbed out flake for 2 hours in a group 3 lovat. I just don't have the attention span to smoke flake in a group 6. Plus, once I got over the shock of preferring group 3s and 4s, you really come to appreciate smoking a smaller, lighter pipe. Never say never on smaller pipes.

The one I own is a smooth Canadian and though the bowl is slightly smaller than I prefer, and I don't smoke it often, the pipe is a very good smoker. I own one other, which is a big Canadian with a Billiard bowl and amazing grain! Unfortunately, it's unbranded, but it's also the very first pipe Trevor made when he moved to France. He smoked it a few times and it ended up in my hands. It'd be one of the last pipes in my collection to go.

JimInks":lb3n9nlq said:
The one I own is a smooth Canadian and though the bowl is slightly smaller than I prefer, and I don't smoke it often, the pipe is a very good smoker. I own one other, which is a big Canadian with a Billiard bowl and amazing grain! Unfortunately, it's unbranded, but it's also the very first pipe Trevor made when he moved to France. He smoked it a few times and it ended up in my hands. It'd be one of the last pipes in my collection to go.
Cool!

I've really wanted one of Trevor's LBs with the horn stem. I like the look and feel of the horn.

I have one of the Ligne Betagne Bulldogs from earlier this year. Probably a Group 4 in size. Smokes absolutely fantastic.

Also have one of the small blasted LB pipes with a horn stem, and it is also amazing.

In my opinion, these are some of the best new pipes for the money that you can get, especially considering the age of the briar. They are also drilled WIDE OPEN for a great smoke.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Sorry about not posting sooner but for some weird reason I am not getting topic reply notifications all the time. (From some threads yes but others no or very sporadic).

I chalk this up to modern technologies conspiracy to get me by doing things that it doesnt do to others :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mine is an excellent smoker. Bulldog with horn stem.
1244lb7.jpg

I WANT ONE!!!!

Trevor knows just how to produce a no-nonsense great looking and apparently great smoking pipe! I love that horn stem!