Any one have Red or Coral Fountain Pens?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
I have one of each color first would be my Coral Mont Blanc 216 from 1950 a button filler made in their Danish factory back then :

and my newest pen , my Sailor 1911 mid size in Red with it's lovely Music nib :

Let's see 'em if ya got 'em !!  :twisted:  :twisted:

In the "great writing econo" category...stock shots of one just like mine...

The much adored Pilot G78 with stub nib. They come in black, green, teal and red. The top image here is more accurate on my screen...the second image shows the stub well.

Worth a separate post...my Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne. Mine is a fine. It is, to me, also one of the most beautiful pens out there. Writes like a dream. Never dries out. One of my first "nice" pens.

monbla256":c72n5vz4 said:
sailor-1911-midsize-red-gold-trim-uncapped1_zpsehpaqtwc.jpg
[/url
In the unlikely event of my buying a quality fountain pen--better than my Lamy Safari, say--that exact pen is my choice, and has been for several years. I just plain like it.

Richard Burley":f5hz3cvf said:
monbla256":f5hz3cvf said:
In the unlikely event of my buying a quality fountain pen--better than my Lamy Safari, say--that exact pen is my choice, and has been for several years. I just plain like it.
Richard,
They are worth every penny and really for the pen you get and the choice of some of the BEST new nibs available on the market today, they are not all that expensive. Definately BETTER than what's made by the snow cap folks in Germany today !! :twisted: :twisted:

Nobody has a Parker Big Red? I had one for a while (my old boss was an fp guy and was shuffling pens around to people all the time). Parker also sold ball points with a very similar body for like $.79. I had a green one and maybe a yellow one. I remember the green for sure. Those Big Reds were expensive back then. He eventually got a pipe I wanted, and the pen went right back to him in trade.

Zeno Marx":nr5emsr3 said:
Nobody has a Parker Big Red?  I had one for a while (my old boss was an fp guy and was shuffling pens around to people all the time).  Parker also sold ball points with a very similar body for like $.79.  I had a green one and maybe a yellow one.  I remember the green for sure.  Those Big Reds were expensive back then.  He eventually got a pipe I wanted, and the pen went right back to him in trade.
The "Big Red" Parkers were and still are nice pens with a smooth firm nib as comes from the factory. Also the fact that it comes in two sizes makes it well suited to a wide range of folks. They are nice pens just didn't like the factory nib for my writting!! :twisted:

If I get a chance I have a couple to post. Maybe if I can find the pics I took in the past. Busy couple days coming up.

I have a small size Parker Big Red. Also, a sorta coral/marble Japanese made pen from mid-part of last century, with a glass nib. No others come to mind.