Any other C&D #416 Plantation Evening fans on here?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokey422

Reaction score
This has been my favorite medium Engish blend for a long time and I always keep a lb. here at the house. It has aged VAs, Latakia, Perique, and a little Turkish. The thing to me that makes it outstanding for me is the balance it has between its' components. You can now get it tinned from C&D in 2 oz., 8 oz., or 1 lb. containers if you don't want to commit to a full lb.

Smokey

I love the stuff too. I used to be manager of a smoke shop and people used to compliment me on the aroma. Unusual for people that don't smoke a pipe to like the smell of latakia but it was fine by me that they did. It's a good lat blend for sure. I really like that mild sweetness I got from it. I'm really gonna have to get some more. I've been plugging way at Tuggle Hall and Exclusive so I have put if off. Gotta remedy that. I have to admit though that there's nothing wrong with 16 year old Tuggle Hall and especially Exclusive.

Excellent tobacco. Not a regular but I have a fair bit in the cellar.

I have about a pound of it in the cellar that is about 5 yrs old. I need to smoke some.

Funny thing about Plantation Evening, a blend Craig Tarler admits he made by mistake at first. Seems he then sold the batch as a "mistake" on a one-time offering and got so many re-order requests that he gave it an appropriate name and began regular production of it.
At my first taste I could not stand the stuff. 2, 3, 4 bowls and the blend and I just did not get along. I tossed the tin in the tobacco cabinet and forgot it for six or so months. One day I stumbled on it and tried it again. Loved it. Smoked the entire tin in no time without rotating to another until it was gone. I'll buy more in future.

PE was the blend that got me back into latakia blends after a decade or more away from them. Along with Epiphany, I think they're the best milder latakia blends out there. Nice stuff on a hot, muggy night down here in the South. Also, quite reasonably priced compared to many other blends.

Natch