Any pipe carvers?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deadline = Right NOW!

I win!

bingmar2.jpg

I think we can probably scrounge up a few guys who know a thing or two about pipes to judge 'em. I understand the very famous Rod Davies frequents this board, and there are a few other illustrious names from the bowels of the pipe community as well.

Sasquatch":l6f4xlu0 said:
Deadline = Right NOW!

I win!

<<pic>>

I think we can probably scrounge up a few guys who know a thing or two about pipes to judge 'em. I understand the very famous Rod Davies frequents this board, and there are a few other illustrious names from the bowels of the pipe community as well.
I though Rod Davies was a member of the Kinks. :?:

Or was that Rad Stewart?

Whatever. What the BoB wants to see is that most-excellent-looking Crosby from all sides.

No excuses, Sasky, just do it. :lol:

It looks a little different on the other side.

horn003.jpg

Go figure.

Anyway, I still think we should contact Rad the Kink to judge. He's a nice guy as long as he doesn't have to buy the first round.

HEY, WHILE I'M THINKING OF IT,,,MAYBE SOMEONE COULD MOVE THIS TO THE DIY SECTION,,,WOULD BE EASIER TO KEEP TRACK OF,,,,,

mark":8t43h0v7 said:
HEY, WHILE I'M THINKING OF IT,,,MAYBE SOMEONE COULD MOVE THIS TO THE DIY SECTION,,,WOULD BE EASIER TO KEEP TRACK OF,,,,,
So let it be written; so let it be done!

(Moved to DIY 3/22.)

Thanks Doc,,,I was afraid it was going to get buried and anyone just coming on the board, or someone coming back after a period away, would miss it,,,, :D

Just a gentle reminder,,, We're fast approaching the halfway point to our September 1st finish date. To any of our new members, or those returning after a brief absence, there's plenty of time to join in and try your hand at carving a pipe.

I just stumbled across this. Sounds like a hoot.
Count me in.

This sounds like a lot of fun and I've been thinking about trying to carve my own pipe for a few months now ...
I don't want to commit as the next couple of months are going to be very busy with a big cross-country relocation (more like a vertical move) coming up but if I can carve something I will. :)

swingerofbirches":j373sedp said:
I don't want to commit as the next couple of months are going to be very busy
no commitment,,,if you get around to it by Sept 1st that's fine,,,,

Sand18f, carve away brother, the more the merrier,,,

Just ran across this as well.. Looks like fun, i'm gonna order my kit today!!!!

Just got a kit when is the do date again?, and did anyone ever decide if there is gonna be an entry fee so there will be a prize, i saw someone suggested it earlier in the thread?

We agreed on September 1st for the due date,,,no entry fee, but the prize is priceless,,,

Bragging rights,,, :D

I shy away from hands on woodworking and power tools.... but very nice work.