Anyone used Kilner clip top jars (or similar)?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Kirk, I have local stores that actually have these in stock, I just didn't realise this was how the Mason jars worked that everyone seemed to be using, or I'd have bought them right off. Ah well, when the next set gets bought I'll get the right ones. Thanks for the help and replies everyone!

Once you actually start cellaring into the canning jars start buying lots of them. It marginally sucks when your TAD order arrives and you start looking for the jars only to realize you have to make a run to the store for more. The 1/2 gal size fit a pound of tobacco about perfectly for those you plan to cellar for years to come.

I would go for lots of smaller jars myself, when you crack one open to smoke it you wont be ruining the ageing of a large amount of tobacco and wouldn't be stuck with a full lb or so of just one tobacco to get through. Just how I'd do it if I were to cellar stuff, but we all do things our own way of course. ;)

Kirk Fitzgerald":qe4clcdr said:
I would go for lots of smaller jars myself, when you crack one open to smoke it you wont be ruining the ageing of a large amount of tobacco and wouldn't be stuck with a full lb or so of just one tobacco to get through. Just how I'd do it if I were to cellar stuff, but we all do things our own way of course. ;)
I have the half gallon jars for stuff I want to age for quite some time. I always keep a ton of the smaller ones on hand as well and often break pounds down into them, mainly my Mc5110 and Treebeard because i smoke a lot of those. But yeah, definitely smaller ones if you plan to break into them sooner than later.