Ardor Giove Cornocopia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's beyond functional IMO but I think if you were a giant maybe it could be a good clincher?!? Interesting shape though!

If he were alive today, it'd be a pipe well suited for Andre the Giant -- I bet he wouldn't have trouble clenching it between his teeth... lol.

b-andre.jpg

:shock:

Really? Wait, really? That's bigger than some of the Boswell Grizzlies I've seen... I can't imagine smoking that at all.

pipedirector":10o16dki said:
If he were alive today, it'd be a pipe well suited for Andre the Giant -- I bet he wouldn't have trouble clenching it between his teeth... lol.

b-andre.jpg
Andre came to mind first. The Princess Bride was a good show, RIP Andre!

May not be longer, but Im sure it's heavier. Wide as a beer can.

Steve Harmon Poker // Unsmoked and for sale if anyone is interested......

Can't imagine smoking one of these giants so probably wouldn't. Some of them look good, especially that Poker, it's really good looking! The one this thread started with is a interesting shape, but needs scaling down a bit.

Skip

There is a fascination with these larger pipes that may be unexplainable. You hae to look at them. Then you have to hold them. Then .................. You best be sitting in a comfy chair in front of the fire or something - they aren't walk around pipes by any means.

Steve Monjure had 4-5 of these at his show at my local B&M last Sunday including one like the volute or horn that started the thread. There was one giant rusticated apple that I came very close to buying. ....and I still want it.

Harlock999":1x1e4scd said:
Holy crap HL, and I thoughtI had a big Von Erck and a Wiley!!!!!
What you smoke in that thing???
must say................I like!

Ya know, down here in Arkieland we'd put a rotating spit on top of that bowl and BBQ a whole pig while we're smoking it! We call that multitasking down here. :lol:

Natch

Piet Binsbergen":lq9ts51w said:
Harlock999":lq9ts51w said:
Holy crap HL, and I thoughtI had a big Von Erck and a Wiley!!!!!
What you smoke in that thing???
must say................I like!
Did you see what Coop sold it for???
Last time I checked it was well over a grand............

Natch":pspgk0ya said:
Ya know, down here in Arkieland we'd put a rotating spit on top of that bowl and BBQ a whole pig while we're smoking it! We call that multitasking down here. :lol:

Natch
:cheers:

despite the size, that's a nice looking poker. probably too much pipe for me though.

I like big pipes (see avatar, LOL) but the Ardor Giants are pretty intense. Tough to clench but if you've got a couple of hours, a comfortable chair and a good book, why not?

That big billiard (is it an Ashton?) is a beautiful piece, but I like a billiard that I can keep clenched. The price that it's accrued (I don't know f the auction is over yet) certainly suggests that there's a demand out there.

Of course, one dilemma we haven't addressed is the insidious specter of "Pipe Creep." Over the time I've been a pipe smoker, my bowls have grown (as has my girth, but that's another story). You know, you buy a nice group 3 or 4 sized pipe, then suddenly the 5 or 6's make sense. Then you outgrow your first pipe rack, which only holds medium sized billiards. Then you start to gravitate to a steady rotation of big bowls, and that largish billiard doesn't seem to weigh anything in your jaw anymore. Then you buy a big Boswell, which is the beginning of the end :) .

There are, of course, worse problems. Like most of us, I find my larger bowls smoke much cooler (in general) and I stopped worrying about how they looked a long time ago. i still use my smaller pipes for flakes and such, they just don't seem to get smoked as much.

And it makes "just one bowl after dinner" a much more appealing prospect.