Ardor pipe prices?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nogbert

Reaction score
im curious to know the cheapest pipe line affered by ardor.

a local pipe shop has many Ardor pipes, all rusticated with the "ninfia" silver spigot army mount....

they are $85-95 each.... this seems very very very low to me for an ardor.

any ardor experts here want to weigh in?

That sounds like a great price to me. I haven't seen a new Ardor under $100 in quite some time.

No expert, but I have never seen an Ardor anywhere near that.

I've never seen an Ardor for less than $300.00 !!

At $100.00 I would also like to buy one :bounce:

I've never heard or seen a $100 Ardor. Pix or it never happened! <g>

Keep checking around.

Sometimes budget lines are well made & of good briar, but with cosmetic flaws.

Other budget lines can be thrown together in a hurry, with bad drilling/fitting, cheap cast stems with pinhole airways &c as a result.

Get your first one with an unsmoked return guarantee and take it from there.

:face:

That price sounds too good to be true... caveat emptor, but worth exploring, if ya ask me. 8)

Definitely check them thoroughly.

Post pictures.

8)

Ardor attempted to reposition themselves closer to Castillo 6? 8years ago?
I don't know what's happened to people memory but it used to not seem so odd to.find.sub $100 Ardor.

Because Ardor woke up one day and decided they were as good as Castello and raised their prices.. I shizz you not...

I have to admit at that price I'd be grabbing one also. I can't find one near that cheap either. Hope they are still there when you make it back to the store.

If they have a 305 shape (full bent ball) or a chubbed out rhodesian, I'd pay you a nice finder's fee. (given that they aren't in the atrocious Meteora, or like carved, finish).

puros_bran":sx2rp63e said:
Because Ardor woke up one day and decided they were as good as Castello and raised their prices.. I shizz you not...
Sounds entirely plausible.

I'm sure you can find an online retailer for price comparisons. I know personally that the Ardor Ninfea pipes with silver spigots are exceptionally great pipes ( on the small side of group 4) and are not inexpensive by any means. I would jump at those pipes pronto at those prices, those are less than wholesale!!!

The one and only Ardor I have is a limited edition 2004 pipe I bought at a pipe show, and they were high priced then. Definitely $250 and up, mostly up.

"Doesn't every Ardor come with a giant gold chain and a pinky ring?"

HA!

indeed.

I actually never bought one. I was at that store recently and they still have them! i came here to double check if i had ever posted about it or not.... seems like i might have a new pipe pretty soon :)

once i pick mine up i'll post pics

the only flaw i could see when i was there was that the silver was a bit tarnished, and there were some very very minor dings around the rims of some of the bowls.

for those that are interested (if my memory serves me) they had:
2 straight dublin style
3 straight pots
and 1 bent tulipy looking shape all in this line.

Also in my original post i said they were $85-95 but i was mistaken, they are actually $105. Still very cheap as far as i can tell