Are new BALL jars clean?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im glad you guys were interested. I purchase the jars at my local Target store. They were sitting on the bottom shelf and kinda dusty so I just figured I would do a test to see how bad they were on the inside. I tested 2 lids and 2 jars, everything come out 0.

I probably shouldn't tell you this but the mouse had been cleaned a couple days before.

Jeffrey

Missed this when it was originally posted. Thanks for the great info and reassurance!

I did a search a few weeks ago because I got a pack of new jars for some bulk, and didn't really find anything but a side comment in another jar thread that said they were safe. I'm glad this is here.

I just bought my first two glass canning jars at Goodwill last night. What is the preferred way of cleaning them up ? :?:

hobie1dog":99wdh54e said:
I just bought my first two glass canning jars at Goodwill last night. What is the preferred way of cleaning them up ? :?:
Dishwasher (with heat drying if possible.) Buy new lids and rings at WallyWorld.

That tester is way cool (I work in a lab). Have to show this to the boss.

Now: test a flake of freshly opened tobacco!

Filthy stuff, I expect. That's why I sterilize all my weed with flame in special devices invented by a doctor. What was his name... Grabow? Medico sterilizers also cleanse dirty tobacco.

i need to bump this. the most useful, thorough and trustworthy post i've read in quite a while.

thanks so much, jeffrey.