Are you eccentric?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate it when someone follows me around with a pad and pencil ( or Ipad). Perfect score.... Although everyone probably thinks they're "SMAHT". (Remember the argument scene between Michael and Freddo in the Godfather II ?)

But, yes,in Texas at least, you really do have to be rich to be considered eccentric. Without a Ranch, a Bank or a few oil wells....you're just a nut...

12 & 1/2 points here. I wouldn't say yea or nay on the conform quesiton. :roll: SNtrick? You betcha!

puros_bran":3yjazdot said:
Once again I agree with Tweed. You have to be rich to be eccentric, so I'm just crazy.

Went on vacation a grumpy disillusioned American and apparently came back as a slightly rebellious Canadian.
Nothing wrong with that PB plenty of room up here for one more!

I think I'm eccentric.

Write poetry
Spend most of my time alone
Radical political views
My favorite DVDs are from from the market's choosing
Am obsessed with pipes and tobacco
Always odd to my family
Intelligent

In some ways perhaps I can be labeled eccentric, but in other ways not. Most of the traits on that list I'd have to judge on a continuum rather than a yes or no basis. Suffice it to say, I wouldn't consider myself as mainstream as most folks, but I am not a fringe personality either.

-Andrew

My wife says I'm not eccentic, just an old grouch. I'm certain I'm both. :bom:

Eccentric?,,,I guess I'm a little cam shaped around the middle,,,,

The very fact that we smoke pipes in this day and age makes us all eccentric, methinks.

Of course, so do loyalty in friendship, honesty in business, faithfulness in romance, tolerance to those with a different way of life, compassion to the unfortunate and common human decency in our interactions with everyone we meet.

We should all be proud to be hella eccentric. 8)

Meet most of the requirements plus I'm a stick in the mud according to my wife.
Another term for grouch I guess.

Yes, although I am married, though it took until I was almost 40. I was a third child, but with 7 years between me and my next oldest sib, which in birth order studies is counted as being like n eldest child. Will listen to the opinions of others, but if they disagree they better be ready to defend their opinion vigorously. Nothing odd in my food tastes, other than liking to drink sweet pickle juice.

Besides eccentric sounds nicer than some of the other words that have been used to describe me. :twisted:
:lol!: :study: :lol!: :joker:

Yes. I think I am.

Re: the checklist...

* Nonconforming attitude - YES
* Creative - YES
* Intense curiosity - YES
* Idealistic - YES
* Happy obsession with a hobby or hobbies - YES
* Known very early in his or her childhood they were different from others - YES
* Highly intelligent - I scored a 98 on my ASFAB, and have a 150 IQ
* Opinionated and outspoken - Haha, who me? YES
* Unusual living or eating habits - YES (mac and cheese mixed with applesauce count? )
* Not interested in the opinions or company of others - I like being around others, but I don't base the way I live on others opinions. So this is probably a no.
* Mischievous sense of humor - YES
* Single - Not anymore, but I'm young and have been married twice
* Usually the eldest or an only child - YES Oldest among the siblings I grew up with.

Irene Adler said:
Yes. I think I am.

quote]

DAMN !!!! And to think, I was just about to propose to you!!!!!!! :D
Oh well............

DoverPipes said:
Irene Adler":183ulzsk said:
Yes. I think I am.

quote]

DAMN !!!! And to think, I was just about to propose to you!!!!!!! :D
Oh well............
Haha. Well, at this rate.....

=P

(Nah, I'm pretty happy with this time around. :D )

Who needs a checklist. I'm strange enough but mostly harmless. I think that qualifies me as eccentric :lol:

i shave with a strait razor, read and write anything, can kill and cook anything, think women are a blessing and a curse, sometimes at the same time, smoke a corncob pipe and cigars...

what do you all think?

Hmm, can’t remember having done anything eccentric in my whole life (okay, except starting to smoke a pipe and registering on this board, maybe)...