Aromatics.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kid's like some kind of pipe tobacco wind-up toy. Geez. :lol: Can't say I don't get like that when describing things on camera, though. It's tough trying to nail information and keep the pace steady and realistic. It's a skill to do it right.

PB, did you...I think I read that right...did you actually smoke a pipe for once?

8)

puros_bran":tpcer77q said:
Yes, all that thinking about ken made me dig out some of his weed.
Not the worst thing in the world. Hope it was a good, if not rare, treat.

8)

Aromatics almost killed my interest in pipe smoking. They smell great in the tin, and give a wonderful room note, but to me they smoke too hot and have a chemical taste. That is probably a combination of me smoking them wrong, and not having taste buds that like that kind of flavouring. I tried a whole lot of them, chasing after an elusive aromatic that smokes the way it smells, and gave up wasting my money and switched to latakia blends...and had a pipe smoking epiphany :D

Good video; thanks for posting that.

Did anyone else click on any of the related videos, specifically this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob7TZbKiLDE ? I knew more younger folks were taking up the pipe these days, but this girl really threw me for a loop. She's off to a good start, though, so more power to her.

i would argue that i have found a good aro in W.O. Larsens Signature.

constistent and has developed a nice cake in my evening after the hunt churchwarden!

'bout ready to crack a second tin of it soon.

camo

I started with a pouch of Captain Black and a Grabow, and I still smoke both on a daily basis. I've passed up many nice looking pipes and many specialty tins of tobacco because I know, deep down, I'm quite content with my Captain Black. Even after enjoying some Orlik Flake, or Dunhill 965...I like to finish off with a bowl of Captain Black. There are many other Aro's I enjoy, that's not to say they are the greatest but I know they fit my palate well. The true joy of pipe smoking is making it your own, enjoying your own personal quirks and preferences for pipes and tobacco, etc. If aromatics weren't around when I started smoking (not too long ago) I'm sure I would have tossed my Grabow and just gone back to cigarettes. Glad that was not the case though. :)