Attention Please.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Do any of y'all have Monbla's phone number? Care to give a Health & Welfare Check???

He hasn't been on in 5 days. Doesn't sound like a big deal but asshat logs in everyday and he recently had the medical procedure etc etc.

Apparently one of his daughters lives in the Seattle area, but I don't know either her first name or family name. Think I remember him once saying she worked at a shop in the Pike Place Market area, but that was years ago.

If anyone knows Michael's last name perhaps you could pm me with it and I'll see if I can dig up anything on her as she'll be aware of his situation. Long shot, but who knows if it'll pan out.

He was also the target in a bombing raid a while back, so someone must know his full name and home address. Perhaps someone could try and use that to track him down.

Cheers,

RR

I have his email. I'll put a feeler out for him.... Hopefully everything is fine......

Details when/if I get them.

My thanks to the brother here who pm'd me with the family name of Michael.

Based on what I remembered Monbla once saying about one of his daughters working in a chocolate shop in the Pike Place Market area, I googled all the chocolate shops there and have been calling them in my quest to find a young woman with her last name that might have worked there in the past few years.

I explained that I was trying to contact her in an effort to see if she was aware of any issues Michael may have had since his recent surgery to install a pacemaker. The shops I did contact were very helpful and also sympathetic to the issue.  

So far I've contacted 6 of the 8 stores. One had closed, one said they'd have someone look into old employee records and get back to me, and one I kept getting a vm reply. The others didn't have any knowledge of her. I'll continue my quest tomorrow.

I looked on Michael's old posts for more info but his history doesn't go back that far. It was a few years or more that Michael posted about his daughter.

I also received his email, but looks like others have reached out to him there and have had no response so far.

And it may be just down to him being pre-occupied by something other than the board. He seems to slip away from time to time I've noticed. And don't we all.

Cheers,

RR

Hopefully he's okay.

I do recall him posting about leaving the forum due to the apparent lack of excitement around here as of late.

Got a negative answer from one of the two remaining chocolate shops. Still trying to reach the last store but can't get a live person and don't want to leave a vm. I'll keep trying.

Cheers,

RR

Mm, we could do with some good news here. Great detective work Rande. Like BD said, I'm sure he's just a little tied up elsewhere like we all are from time to time.

Still, it'd be good to hear from him...

Stick":yn77wl9p said:
Mm, we could do with some good news here. Great detective work Rande. Like BD said, I'm sure he's just a little tied up elsewhere like we all are from time to time.

Still,  it'd be good to hear from him...
Ya, hopefully he'll turn up and blast us all about digging into his personal scheisse!  :mrgreen:

Equally, many of us here are concerned about him and want to know he's OK. Including and especially since he just had a pacemaker installed.

As PeeBee said earlier about him being an asshat, he's still our asshat! :heart:

Cheers,

RR

DrumsAndBeer":phwa4gi1 said:
Hopefully he's okay.

I do recall him posting about leaving the forum due to the apparent lack of excitement around here as of late.
Ya, but I don't put it down to that since he's posted frequently since that. Looks like he was just trying to stimulate things IMHO.

Cheers,

RR

I'll try and call him tomorrow and see what's up and if he's just play'en opossum or not.
I don't think we have anything to worry too much about as he's to ornery to die without
giving us hell about it first. It maybe that he got a bit offended by some things that were said and just thought to give it a rest for awhile. ;)

Nah, if that where the case he would have told someone to piss off and put :twisted: :twisted: after it.

Besides, I've been trying to run his sorry ass off for several years, it doesn't work.

I hope he's alright. I can't believe I am about to say this but I kind of miss the Ol' bastard. Looking forward to hear from him again real soon.

I tried calling him several times today but, his phone is off and goes directly to voice mail. :scratch:

Cartaphilus":qr1ywgag said:
I tried calling him several times today but, his phone is off and goes directly to voice mail. :scratch:

Good on you for trying Ron. Hope you can get through one of these times.

The story quickens as the plot thickens, they say.

Cheers,

RR