Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milan

Reaction score
What's the story behind your avatar? I see pictures of folks, but I don't know where they are? Some brothers use different symbols and pictures? Where are you in your avatar or why did you pick the one you did?

I am on a boat whale watching in the Bay of Fundy in mine. I chose it because the Bay of Fundy is one of my favorite places to visit. My face is pinched in the photo using an effect. My face is much fatter in real life.

Cheers & Health,

Milan

Willy (the cat) runs everything else around the house, so why not my avatar, I figured.

I was a fan of Edgar P. Jacobs' graphic novels during my youth. One day I came across this gif of one of my heroes on the net and liked the fact that it has transparent background. I promptly "stole" and uploaded it here. :D

Every year I participate in the 100km van Ieper in and around Ieper Belgium.. more well known as Flanders Fields as a 'desired' piece of ground during WWI. The second day of the walk has a 40 and a 50km stretch that lead you into France.. at the halfway point you're pretty tired and there is a little French bistro that has the best ice tea I've ever had.. maybe because your just hot and tired..

Long story short.. the picture was taken by my son the first year he completed the full 100km (60 miles) while on that break in France

BTW it hurts super super bad when you get up and start on the last 20km to the finish line

James

Mine is just a picture I found with a google image search that I liked. It looks somewhat similar to me, and somewhat similar stylistically to one of my tatoos. It's from some unknown party's photo album on the web and supposedly the image exists in some form somewhere in Bergen, Norway.

It recently came to my attention that a pipe maker somewhere on the interwebz also uses this image as his avatar photo.

Other than that I have no idea what it means or where it comes from. :cheers: :D

The man in the picture is doing what I love best. Smoking and reading while surrounded by books.

I get bored with my avatar after about one to two weeks. Then I have to change it. See - I did it again! The Maltese Falcon. Not mine, but the one in the movie. A cousin to mine I suppose. Reason? I suppose it's because I like Dashiell Hammett's writing. I'd probably like Dashiell Hammett as well if I'd met him, but he up and died. I waz only a punk kid then.

Avatar displays to me a moment in time when something as simple as a smoke between men, could forge friendship and peace in simpler times.

(Lets keep-up the tradition)

I thought the pipe was cool looking.

John.

My avatar picture was taken by my friend, Gus, during a quiet five minute pause at work. He has a fondness for art and photography and mine was one of a series of portraits he did of several colleagues. Believe it or not, he took the picture with his mobile phone! in an (empty, of course) operating theatre and the only lighting was the surgical lights directly above and slightly in front of me.

I chose mine because because of the trout , my favorite kind of fish. The background reminds me of a nice quiet early morning on the river.

I use for avatar the picture/photo of one of my small sculptures/objects of art in silver from seria "Romantica" that I created some 25 years ago.

The seat on my old Triumph chopper and my favorite AC/DC song, also my screen name on most forums (also use ssjones)

Just of shot of me relaxing in my rear yard on a lounger facing the pool.

the picture is actually a vincent van gogh painting. I got a poster of it in college in 08, I don't personally smoke cigarettes but it was one of his that i'd never seen but really liked

This was my original avatar when I signed up last year. It's Harlock, a beloved character from my childhood. :pirat: