Awesome pipe display yet to do.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussiemike

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I am so full of "piss and vinegar " when it comes to doing projects :ROFLMAO:
I am not very handy and a walking disaster when it come to working with my hands. I think it runs in the family my dad before joining the services tried his hand as an electricians apprentice in a small town.
He managed to drill through a wall into a cupboard and tie up in knots the owners best Sunday suit :ROFLMAO:

I saw this idea on pintrest get a cool looking bit of drift wood or a nice branch put it on a base and use empty rifle cartridges as the mounts for putting pipes on. Either just hammer them in offset or drill and put in.
Do you think I could find a picture of it again agggggh sorry

Please can anyone picture it?

I got the empty casings read to go. I might polish some and put a clear coat on them and keep some rustic.
Please post up if anyone beats me to it, I am so gona gona gona mmmmm when I get around to it :ROFLMAO:(y):rolleyes:

1698990842994.png

Yay I found the picture of what I was trying to explain. This is not MY work I think I saw it on pintrest. I will get around to doing it also :LOL:

View attachment 18331

Very cool idea, I've always love the look of wood and brass together. I'm hoping you have a tumbler though lol!

What cartridges are you using? I couldn't figure out what they are from the picture so I'm assuming you antipodeans have some novel wildcat cartridges you adapted from what the British were using.

Very cool idea, I've always love the look of wood and brass together. I'm hoping you have a tumbler though lol!

What cartridges are you using? I couldn't figure out what they are from the picture so I'm assuming you antipodeans have some novel wildcat cartridges you adapted from what the British were using.
I haven't had a close look yet mate. I got them from a mate out at property his father in law prob had put them away to reload and forgot about them. They would be .223,303 and 30-30 from memory of his guns. I will soak them in some vinegar and salt to see how they come up and polish a with a Dremel. I meant to get a nice bit of wood when I was out there but forgot. oh well next time.