Back of the bus...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuggett

Reaction score
I've been expanding my horizons to other pipe forums and sites a bit just to take a look around. While there are many nice places out there they all seem a little too uptight to me and it got me to thinking this place is like the kids that used to ride in the back of the bus. Little more rowdy, a little cooler but usually the "bad" kids. Always felt more comfortable riding in the back of the bus anyway. :lol:

I couldn't agree more Jason! I guess I am in the very last seat............... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark, I was thinking of you as well
icon_lol.gif

That I did... and that no one is having a fit about it makes my point all the more. :lol:

We have a nice mix here of folks and topics. It rarely gets old though it's always comfortably familiar. I've been everywhere you can talk pipes and there just ain't anywhere better than right here.

Bus? When I was a boy we didn't have buses. We had to walk to school. Five miles, barefoot through the snow. Uphill both ways!

The best part abou the back of the school bus is if it gets to be too much for you back here, the emergency door is right there. Show yourself out... tuck and rolll... we don't even have to stop the ride.

Centurian 803":5tl0pp8k said:
Bus? When I was a boy we didn't have buses. We had to walk to school. Five miles, barefoot through the snow. Uphill both ways!
Fortunately my dad and I had collected enough Blue Horse stamps to get me a bike. Still tough pedaling up hill both ways.

Jim

Ol'Dawg":0onc6mz1 said:
Centurian 803":0onc6mz1 said:
Fortunately my dad and I had collected enough Blue Horse stamps to get me a bike. Still tough pedaling up hill both ways.

Jim
btw, Jim, there is this insect in my computer monitor every time you post.

Centurian 803":lq6vt6kh said:
Like you get snow in Tennessee, that was nothing more than a little frost.

You were lucky you were, you could walk your five miles. We had to scale a sheer cliff face, then fight through a passel of bears, while watching out for rattlesnakes. Then when we got to the top we had to body surf through the white water of the freezing cold river, all the while keeping our homework and books dry, and that was the easy part. It was twice as hard coming home, imitating a spawning salmon swimming up the river! gosh it ws great to get back to the tree we lived in.
lol.gif
You were lucky, you were.

I've briefly browsed through some of those other pipe sites,,, never went back. I always gravitated toward the Black Sheep in every crowd, never fit into the "in" crowd.
I like you guys :(
Even Leroy.
But if he comes around here he'll get this:

I also tried out another forum and found that it was also like riding in the back of the bus . . . a short bus.