Balkan Sobranie at 4n

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retrogasm

Reaction score
Just became available, 2 tin max. I had an order going out only a day or two ago but what are you gonna do...Got the Sobranie and filled up on WB dark flake and Escudo. This hobby hates my bank account, and I love it.

It's also in stock at Pipes & Cigars as of 10-10-14. I know some of you are P&C haters but just thought I'd let you know. Cheers!

Sadly, they'll probably have no problems selling once Rich's stock is out.

Edit - which is now.

Retrogasm":t9j8i246 said:
Sadly, they'll probably have no problems selling once Rich's stock is out.

Edit - which is now.
They still had some in stock when I opened the cite. By the time I was locked in, it was all gone! :evil:

Simple Man":twsjns1z said:
I'm good with P&C, just not their pricing on this blend... >11.00 @ 4N, 35.00 @ P&C. That's a little beyond ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.
Somehow this doesn't surprise me, once a gouger always a gouger. :suspect:

Utter nonsense Cart, P&C are upstanding and valued members of the community for the low low price of $47.99

puros_bran":g0bgbrgb said:
Utter nonsense Cart, P&C are upstanding and valued members of the community for the low low price of $47.99
I thought it was $49.99, they musta come down a few dollars since then.

What with the sale and what not doncha know.

I like their website.. Pops was a loyal customer back in the day. I don't recollect ever ordering from them. I always liked marscigars.com and smokingpipes.com with a splattering of cupojoes.com. But I've watched 4noggins get started and slowly become pretty much the preferred vendor of this forum.

puros_bran":09hs5evn said:
But I've watched 4noggins get started and slowly become pretty much the preferred vendor of this forum.  
I buy from Rich exclusively and the service is excellent.  For me, living in South Africa, their shipping/handling cost is the best.

I smoke their Prairie Wind every day of my life.  I also use their granulated perique to spice up all my straight virginias.

I smoked Balkan Sobranie for thirty years and the new version does not match up. It's a different blend now. There's a little less latakia, no lemon Virginia, and the yenidje is either gone or changed because the light soda/floral notes are no longer present. The Orientals are tamer. That helped make the older version special. It's a good blend, but no longer special. With all the really good, complex English blends on the market now, I see no reason to chase this down. Sad that after all the years of enjoyment I got from it that Germains have decided economy triumphs faithful recreation. And this comes from a guy who once had 70 pouches and tins of the 1990s and early 2000 version in the cellar at one time. Wish I hadn't smoked it all up. I miss it.

^^^  Hark! Do you hear that?  Off in the distance, that sound.  I thought I heard a bubble bursting.

Richard Burley":vt3jhqvn said:
^^^  Hark! Do you hear that?  Off in the distance, that sound.  I thought I heard a bubble bursting.
I heard that too...... but, it sounded more like a fart to me.

Cartaphilus":h69c7spn said:
Richard Burley":h69c7spn said:
I heard that too...... but, it sounded more like a fart to me.
Awww, go fry an egg!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/39Ktrb-pHg4" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yKCBWRU59zk" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>​
Well, at least I'll almost know what all the fuss was about.