Barkley's the Dog!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
At Riverfest (a local festival in Little Rock) they had the International Retriever Dog Jumping Championships, and Barkley broke the old world record by almost four feet! Twenty nine feet, eight inches, an amazing jump.

The best jump of the day, however, was the third place finisher. You can see it almost upright in the air? It continued to rotate around and landed square on it's back, ass first. Every one laughed, but they measure not where the nose or front paw lands, but where the base of the tale lands, so jumping ass first might be the secret for the future?

It's supposed to be televised nationally this fall on one of the outdoor sports networks, so my wife and I, being right in front, should be famous. And of course, in keeping with our traditional healthy Arkie diet...

Wee ain't called the Hogs for nottin! :pig:

Natch

Is Barkley your dog? I've never heard of this sport, but I watched a couple of YouTube vids, and this looks like a great time for all, especially the dogs!!

No, my dog is scared to death of the water! And yes, the dogs absolutely love it. Several, after exiting the water, would jump the fence to get on the runway and do it again.

Natch

Thanks. That top photo is a great shot. Really captures the energy!

Does a Lab qualify as a retriever? Maybe I could enter mine next year! LOL

zunismoke":2fvvfseq said:
Does a Lab qualify as a retriever? Maybe I could enter mine next year! LOL
Gary, There are no breed requirements, in fact several were breeds I'd never heard of. All they need to do is jump high and long! They actually have two separate competitions, distance and height. But it seems the distance one is much more important and prestigious to win.

Natch