beard oil

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foxfire":ght01ugn said:
You can just use Jojoba Oil. I grow a beard out about twice a year, and use a lot of different products on it because I think it's fun.

Instead of the expensive beard oils, you can just get some jojoba oil. I squirt a few drops into my palm, then scrub my brush into the oil, and brush into the beard. It works really well. Jojoba oil is very close to the natural oil your skin produces, so it moisturizes the hair very well, which is the point, I reckon. It also does not have any odor.
Thanks for this. In-store at Trader Joe's, you can find 4oz for around $7. I'm going to give it a go. Of course, with pure specialty oils, like olive oil, I'm reading there is a lot of fibbing about contents and using cheaper additives to increase profit margin. It's a lovely world.

When I was younger and still wrenched my own cars, I had a full beard and use'd to use the 40w motor oil I used in them on mine. Rubb'd in well you wouldn't know except for that Valvoline aroma that was exuded as I would walk by!! I don't have a beard now so no need !!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Guess there are new things you learn every day. I used only skin cream for my face/beard, dont know if my beard is that thick for a oil.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain this "beard oil" thing.

I've had a full beard for virtually of my adult life, and I just cannot fathom why anyone would want to put oil on it.

:?: 

Cheers?

RR

My beard is about 4 inches long. The oil makes my beard (for lack of a better word) softer. When I comb my beard it does not tangle. Beard oil makes a lot of sense for longer beards, but for shorter beards it keeps the skin under the beard from drying out. It helps me from having a "bad beard day".

My beard is pretty thick and wirey. From what I understand, it's all in the name. It's oil. For some of us who desire a softer growth, beard oil is a way to get it. I don't have dry skin, but I can see it helping with that, too.

I use hair conditioner. Works very well. It makes the beard like silk. But that only lasts for half a day or so. There are such hair products that soften the hair (and beard of course). If you take a shower at least once a day, it should do. Works for me at least.

The big thing about good beard oils over say shampoo or conditioner is the lack of chemicals, good oils from say beard brand or the bearded bastard are basically essential oils mixed with jojoba or grapeseed oil. I swear by my beard oil, makes the hair much more manageable, softer, fuller and just better condition hair also helps with beard dandruff. Beardbrand on YouTube will give all the curious about beard oils some good information about all sorts of manly beard related things, but mostly beards!

Sorry but after having my beard for 40+ years and doing nothing more than washing it and my face in the shower with whatever soap was on sale at the time I have to call BS on "beard oil".

:roll: 

No this is not a troll.

Cheers,

RR

My favorite is "Snake Oil" unscented. A single vial lasts about a year, so it's very inexpensive. I only use it once a week, instead of every day like they suggest. It makes my unruly beard somewhat easier to manage, and, most importantly, it keeps it from itching.

Brewdude":1914ub8y said:
Sorry but after having my beard for 40+ years and doing nothing more than washing it and my face in the shower with whatever soap was on sale at the time I have to call BS on "beard oil".

:roll: 

No this is not a troll.

Cheers,

RR
Because everyone's skin is the same dryness.  Everyone's hair is the same diameter.  Everyone's hair is the same texture.  Everyone's hair is straight.  Everyone's hair is curly.  Everyone's body gives off the same amount of oils.  Because everyone's physiology is identical.

No, you're not a troll, but you're certainly something else.

I have oily skin.  I can shower three times a day in a bone-dry Minnesota winter with Lava soap and never get dry skin.  I can pretty much guarantee that if most people tried that, their skin would flake, crack, itch, and bleed.  What I do is not what everyone else should, or can, do.  How silly can one be?

An unscented oil sounds great. Thanks for the link. I try to buy scentless in everything I use. Most perfumy smells make me nauseous, so I avoid them altogether.

I'm late to this party, but new to teh forum, so forgive my tardiness.

For you guys hating on the beard oil...

Beard oil is for the women, not for you.

It makes you smell decent, and makes your beard super soft. My wife loves the smell of my beard oil and pipe smoke mixed together. And she doesn't complain that my beard is too scratchy like she did before I started using it.

google "dream beard oil" (apparently I can't make a link since I'm so new)

Order the sample pack to see what scents you like. But I will save you time and tell you just get the Mechanic scent. Best one by far. Great service, very personal. Handwritten note every time I place an order. Also the best quality for the price point of any other oil I have seen.

beardedbassguy":g7wb55xx said:
I'm late to this party, but new to teh forum, so forgive my tardiness.

For you guys hating on the beard oil...

Beard oil is for the women, not for you.

It makes you smell decent, and makes your beard super soft. My wife loves the smell of my beard oil and pipe smoke mixed together. And she doesn't complain that my beard is too scratchy like she did before I started using it.

google "dream beard oil" (apparently I can't make a link since I'm so new)

Order the sample pack to see what scents you like. But I will save you time and tell you just get the Mechanic scent. Best one by far. Great service, very personal. Handwritten note every time I place an order. Also the best quality for the price point of any other oil I have seen.
Thanks for this. I for one will be looking into this. 8)

I've never heard of the stuff but if the ladies like it I think it can't be all bad. ;)

Otherwise I'm not sure it would do anything for me. I don't have dry skin, my beard doesn't itch, etc.