Beards, caps, and stereotypes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i.keenum":by23zaei said:
Working on a nice beard and mustache as of awhile. I may be young but I got spunk. :lol:
Ha ha. It seems like I just started growing a quarter way decent beard this year. I've got some sort of thick chin strap thing going on that my (cosmetologist) girlfriend won't let me shave off. It looks halfway decent, but I'm not sure of it. Also, I got a big ol' head also. I buy 2xl caps from Jaxon online (amazon has great deals). I've never worn a Kromer though. I like the look. I just don't know if they'll look good on me.
Zach

Been able to grow a solid beard for a few years now but after about a month the itchyness gets to me and off it goes. First time growing a mustache , wife likes it so at least there's that. Should hit up ocelot and see what kind of maintenance it takes to grow and take care of a handle bar mustache. That's what I'm shooting for in the end.

Unable to grow a beard as per uniform regs, and my moustache pulls a 'reverse Hitler' on me so I only grow it out on deployments.

I told my wife the day I retire from the Navy is the absolute last day my face ever sees a razor.

I like that cob lineup in your avatar pic, Salty. :D
KevinM":3k7ot2dt said:
Your friend Nate was probably reared in a world where normal guy stuff was beginning to be looked at askance, and personal likes / dislikes were starting to be vetted by "social activitistas." He's probably undecided whether you're an anomaly or demonstrating retro leadership. I'll bet someone has written a thesis on "Hats as Social Communication."
Interesting perspective, Kevin. At first I thought Nate was messing with me. Now I think he might actually be showing an interest in whatever he sees as masculine or rugged. He's got the look of the suburbs. He probably hasn't been outside of mom's minivan for very long.
Maybe I should bring a pipe for him next time...

George Kaplan":qy539vz4 said:
That's quite a shopping list, Woodsy. I figure young Nate got off easy. If he'd been less appreciative, he might have met the surly Kaplanhttps://www.brothersofbriar.com/t17700-sharing-the-cob-love-by-any-means-necessary.
And thank you for linking me to that thread of pure epicness. :lol:

The story keeps getting better! Please keep us posted.

And while at it, the link that just needs to be added after a mention of "lumberjack":

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5zey8567bcg" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

George Kaplan":ovnpj31v said:
I like that cob lineup in your avatar pic, Salty. :D
Thanks! 8) It took me a couple of years to acquire all those, and even still there's some that aren't in the picture. And now that you mentioned it I can't find where that picture is on my HD!