Bengal Slices

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiedPiper62

Reaction score
Hello. For those of you interested, I just received an alert from SMOKINGPIPES.Com saying the "Bengal Slices" is in stock now-2 tins per customer (2) for me... The price is $12.00 + plus... Jump on it. I got the alert about 3:00 pm. Best, LeRoy/PiedPiper62

Thanks, appreciate the heads up for ALL of those on the BoB that need to purchase 2 tins.

PS, just checked for a friend of mine and Smokingpipes is already out of stock

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Hello. Since I have 2 tins of Bengal Slices coming, I'll be willing to trade a Penzance or Margate or other hard to fin English blend... Including a tin of Balkan Sobranie, or other fair trade... Best & Good Hunting...

You know, I got two tins of it when Russ got into the recipe and remade it...
One is still sealed, the other I've whittled on over time. It's okay, I guess.

Back when I was totally into Lat blends, the original Bengal Slices in the small rectangular black tin was like nirvana to me. Intoxicating. Complex. Incense. Rich.

Pity it isn't available now. Might make me gravitate towards Lat once again!

:|

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude & OW^^^^^^

I agree with both of you.... the new release is just okay.... will get better with age. But it's a far stretch from the original Bengal Slices.
If the newer release was that good OW would have finished the first tin he opened by now....don't you think!!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

DrumsAndBeer":vss9grhw said:
Personally I prefer Russ's Fusilier's Ration over the Bengal Slices reboot.
Youbetcha, hands down! I was not overly impressed with the re-release of Bengal Slices. I'm hoping if I'm still on this ? Earth ? in 5 years the new release gets better with age.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

In my opinion, Park Lane has the best Bengal out there. They've gotten the closest.

Zeno Marx":dixxsr9q said:
In my opinion, Park Lane has the best Bengal out there.  They've gotten the closest.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to give their Bengal a shot sometime. I have been meaning to pony up for a bit more Red Paramour, I'll be sure to check on their Bengal when I do.

Zeno, appreciate the recommendation

I really use to enjoy the original Bengal Slices. The re-release is okay, I have a number of tins I picked up cheap from a friend that closed his B&M back in NY. Hoping with a few years of aging it gets a bit better!?!?!?

Next time I place a Park Lane order I will try their version. Thanks much

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!