Benjamin Hartwell Signature blend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Well, I went looking for more, as my last tin is almost spent. Can't seem to find it, other than 4noggins.

Here's the rub....

The two other blends go for just under 11 bucks, but Signature blend is almost 19. Same size tins. Looked around, but it's OOS. Still around 11 bucks though. It's a Sutliff product, so I wouldn't think it so hard to locate.

Any thoughts? I can't justify the cost from 4noggins.

I thought the Benjamin Hartwell Signature Blend was made by McClelland, so I'm very surprised it's still in stock.

Big G":h5m0yb0l said:
I thought the Benjamin Hartwell Signature Blend was made by McClelland, so I'm very surprised it's still in stock.
well well, just checked tobaccoreviews.com, and though it says it is blended by Sutliff, it's indeed manufactured by McClelland.

Or, was, I should say.....

? :fpalm:

It's puzzling to me because I always thought McClelland made it. But, back when I was doing reviews for Sutliff, they sent me all three tins, which of course, made me think Sutliff made them.

The tin at 4noggins might very well be a consignment. Just a thought anyway, as they had a bag of Pembroke for 100.00 last week.

DrumsAndBeer":msaiqa9h said:
The tin at 4noggins might very well be a consignment. Just a thought anyway, as they had a bag of Pembroke for 100.00 last week.
Hadn't thought about that. You're probably right....

Ozark Wizard":ql6tkt86 said:
Well, I went looking for more, as my last tin is almost spent. Can't seem to find it, other than 4noggins.

Here's the rub....

The two other blends go for just under 11 bucks, but Signature blend is almost 19. Same size tins. Looked around, but it's OOS. Still around 11 bucks though. It's a Sutliff product, so I wouldn't think it so hard to locate.

Sorry Ozark, I had read the reviews and people were not sure if Sutliff made it or McClelland.  So I called Sutliff and they said it had McClelland VA's in it.  I posted this at pipesmagazine and Windy City Cigars sold out of everything by the next day. I would imagine other places sold out as well...

Ozark Wizard":2529hioe said:
YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. It is what it is I guess. :lol!:
Well the silver lining is that it will all be available on eBay in the next few days... :p

rx2man":lx8a4rzx said:
Ozark Wizard":lx8a4rzx said:

Here's the rub....

Sorry Ozark, I had read the reviews and people were not sure if Sutliff made it or McClelland.  So I called Sutliff and they said it had McClelland VA's in it.  I posted this at pipesmagazine and Windy City Cigars sold out of everything by the next day.  I would imagine other places sold out as well...
Thanks for the explanation. Glad I have a few of the tins here. Some day, I'll revisit them.

Methinks in due course the frenzy on McC stuff will mellow out and sanity returneth. After all, how many gougers can claim to get 4x-5x what the stuff is worth before re-thinking their re-sale philosophy? The reality is that while McC is good, it ain't that good. Nome sane?

I mean, after all who is going to spend a Benjamin on a tin that was previously offered at 12 bux? And the flippers are delusional. It's ain't worth that much folks, no way no how. Plenty of other blends out there. Just look around.

<shakes head in disbelief>

And I hasten to add, this is solely my personal view and not one as a moderator. So there is that. YMMV as always.....

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":mncszx26 said:
Methinks in due course the frenzy on McC stuff will mellow out and sanity returneth. After all, how many gougers can claim to get 4x-5x what the stuff is worth before re-thinking their re-sale philosophy? The reality is that while McC is good, it ain't that good. Nome sane?

I mean, after all who is going to spend a Benjamin on a tin that was previously offered at 12 bux? And the flippers are delusional. It's ain't worth that much folks, no way no how. Plenty of other blends out there. Just look around.

And I hasten to add, this is solely my personal view and not one as a moderator. So there is that. YMMV as always.....

Cheers,

RR
"It's ain't worth that much folks, no way no how", "Methinks in due course the frenzy on McC stuff will mellow out and sanity returneth"

I agree but recent sales on ebay would contradict the above.  Maybe in a few mos things will mellow out, maybe in 6 or maybe not.  $50 a tin could be the new norm.  A tin of 40th went for $75 today, 3OS sold yesterday for $90.  Those are on the high side with lows being $50 ish.  I had 33 tins of 3OS and sold them all to one guy 5 weeks ago. It was a easy decision to part with it as I dont really care that much for Latakia and I blew all the money on more pipes and tobacco  :D  :D  :D . I certainly dont think it was worth that much but I guess if you like Syrian tobacco its worth it, especially being Syrian is all gone.....

On a more positive note Ozark Wizard has a couple tins of BHSB on the way to him.

DrumsAndBeer":imrs7qcr said:
Ozark Wizard":imrs7qcr said:
YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. It is what it is I guess. :lol!:
Well the silver lining is that it will all be available on eBay in the next few days... :p
Interesting that its not.....

rx2man":f0uejg05 said:
Brewdude":f0uejg05 said:

Cheers,

RR
"It's ain't worth that much folks, no way no how", "Methinks in due course the frenzy on McC stuff will mellow out and sanity returneth"

I agree but recent sales on ebay would contradict the above.  Maybe in a few mos things will mellow out, maybe in 6 or maybe not.  $50 a tin could be the new norm.  A tin of 40th went for $75 today, 3OS sold yesterday for $90.  Those are on the high side with lows being $50 ish.  I had 33 tins of 3OS and sold them all to one guy 5 weeks ago.  It was a easy decision to part with it as I dont really care that much for Latakia and I blew all the money on more pipes and tobacco  :D  :D  :D . I certainly dont think it was worth that much but I guess if you like Syrian tobacco its worth it, especially being Syrian is all gone.....

On a more positive note Ozark Wizard has a couple tins of BHSB on the way to him.
I had an easier time trading McClellands oriental blends with Latakia in them for Benny Hartwell, tin for tin, than dishing out enough dough for a half pound of SG St. James or FVF and getting less than two ounces.