best $50-$80 pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jonnylaw13":ebnld31t said:
well i really like these 3 from stanwells black line, but now, which one?!
im leaning for the middle one (not sure the shape name) or the cherrywood

pm-pswbhk-207-r.png

pm-pswbhk-95-r_view2.png

pm-pswbhk-84-r.png
THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE!!!!

I adore Savinelli pipes 'cause even the cheaper ones can be bought eyes closed.

I also love Stanwell and Brebbia pipes. Stanwell Featherweight pipes are excellent value for money. I just love the wide open draw of Italian pipes.

I will NEVER buy another new Peterson after battling for months to tame 2 of them. For the same reason I won't buy Peterson estates because I might pick up one which the previous owner gave up on. They seal the inside of the bowls with roof paint.

I've bought numerous pipes from Viking Club and ALL of them are wonderful smokers. And it came at the right price as well.

I here Wayne has some very affordable and excellent smoking pipes that appeal
to a lot of folks! ;) 

Did I say that right Wayne?

Fine looking smoker in the Trading Post by I.keenum (Ian) with a damn good price in your range...hand made by a member, too!

jonnylaw13":sv4amc98 said:
Quite the lot of help here but it seems the consensus is a Sav or a Stan, I did look at the brighams and I sort of likes the Algonquin apple. Was also looking at a Nording Valhalla 200, but searching here I have found a decent bit of bad news on Nording (mass produced) and Bjarne Vikings. I think its coming down to even with only 2 or 3 brands that are best there are still WAY to many options between shape/finish and production lines. Stock photos aren't very helpful either!
I've had good luck with some cheap Nording pipes. More machine made standard shapes with a bit of rustication than freehands. That said, I bought my pair of cheap Nording's in person and have seen nearly as many with flaws as without so I wouldn't waste my time going this route online. I'd be willing to pick up another but only in person where I can inspect it.