Best Aromatic You've Ever Smoked?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried several aros last winter, looking for an indoor blend that would please both myself and the better half. Milonga was recommended by a brother. For an aromatic, it has a nice taste and is easy on the wife's nose. Caramel, if I remember right. McClelland 2015 was recommended also. This is kind of a semi-aromatic that offers both good Virginia taste and a nice room note. I'm not much of an aro fan, but these two are both good.

Thanks brother. If you're interested in trying another, I heartily recommend Savinelli's 'Aroma'.

Stanwell Melange is my current favorite aromatic, because it might be the one blend that tastes as good as it smells. Every time I smoke it I wish I had aa apricot that I could eat.

My favorite is Reiner's Professional. It's a high quality aromatic tobacco that actually tastes like it smells. I have two pipes designated to it and it has left them smelling amazing too.

The only other aromatic that I smoke somewhat regularly is Dan's DaVinci. It's pretty good stuff too.

Amphora full aroma is my favorite. Even though it is not sold in the US, it helps that the Duty Free carries it.

My favorite is Dan tobacco's Blue Note. The tin note is good, but the smoking is wonderfull. Lane's 1Q is another favorite. I picked up a aromatic tin sampler from P&C last year, and that is how I found out about Blue Note. Good luck!

My favorite aromatic blend is G&H Ennerdale Flake! :)
But I know it is a blend you either love or hate.

The only sweet aromatic I like now and then is DAN’s Da Vinci.

Arowhatics????? No, just playing. I started with Aro (not long ago) and still smoke the occasional bowl of Aromatic but I have discovered I love English blends. When I do decide to smoke an Aro I like something for my sweet tooth.
So the list of Aro starting with my favorite is this:
1. Pete Sweet Killarney (Kind of a cross over for me. Love the bits of flake and has a good Nic kick!)
2. C&D Autumn Evening (A close second)
3. Mac B Vanilla Cream Flake (Oddly, thanks to a brothers lament, I myself had to try some.)
4. JFM Old Toby's Stash (Blueberry! I dig the whole Blueberry Sampler from JFM but this one is yummmyest.)

Pardon my unusually weird post. Between insomnia, this head cold, and the head cold medication; I just plain feel odd so my post is accordingly odd.

I just realized I smoke more Aro than I think. For the last 2 weeks, every morning, I have had a bowl of Samuel Gawith Grousemoor after breakfast, In my Cobwarden! Shame on me for poking fun at Aro :x

In order of my current preferences (subject to irrational change)
1. Pete Gold Blend
2. Pete Luxury Blend
3. Evening Stroll
4. Seven Seas Gold
5. MaCB Plum Flake
6. Pete University Flake
7. Haunted Bookstore

Those two flakes are rapidly climbing the list.

Usually of the best ones:

1. Larsen #50
2. Larsen #32/ identical PS Luxury Twist Flake
3. Dan Devil' Holiday

Jim

I've always had a soft spot for MacB Vanilla Cream, and good ol' Lane 1-Q has never let me down, either.

Lane's 1-Q is the one for me...can smoke it all day long..no bite and really nice.

Not into aromatics anymore but one that I remembered that I really enjoyed:

Dan Pipe Davinci:

GOLDEN LIGHT VIRGINIAS AND SWEET, MILD BLACK CAVENDISH ARE MATURED TOGETHER ALONG WITH FULL BODIED RED CHIANTI WINES FROM THE GROWING REGION KNOWN AS THE "COLLI SENISI" TO PRODUCE A LIGHTLY SWEET, PLEASANT SMOKE WITH A WONDERFUL FRAGRANCE.

This had an intoxicating aroma.

i still occasionally dip into my mcclelland premium aromatics. they smell great, smoke well, and taste good too. the Town Topic is a great maple one. the Best Of Show is like smoking a cake. sounds weird, but it does. if you mix them half and half you are basically smoking really nice belgian waffles. the thing i like about them, is they don't taste like burnt marshmallows mixed with a bad coconut macaroon. in fact, i might smoke an aro at the pipe meeting today for funsies. i usally bring some ten year old virginia. HAH!

Although I mostly like non-aromatics, there are a handful of aros that I absolutely love, for one reason or another:
Classic Burley Kake
Autumn Evening
Captain Cool
Shortcut to Mushrooms

I also like several of the Lakelands, especially Ennerdale Flake, Bosun Cut Plug, and Kendal Flake.