Best Cigar Under Five Bucks & Best Bundle Deals?...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
docwatson":v10yw2on said:
Steveaux,
Great post, as a matter of fact I just picked up both of those cigars at JR's last week!!!! :D :D
Thanks, doc.

Another sleeper is the JR Cuban Alternative Bolivar Belicoso. Not quite as earthy, but both the leather and spice are there.

Note: If you can sit on a bundle of these for a year, they become truly outstanding.

Punch Rare Corojo robusto
Indian Tobac Extra Fuerte
Nica Libre (let them rest a few months)

Bundle-Hoyo De Monterrey executive

Cigars International has a cheap bundle Corojo that I really like, which has a very resilient wrapper that holds up well in colder temps this time of year. The Vigilante Corojo starts at $29.99 for a bundle of 20 Robusto's, or $39.99 for Churchill's or Torpedo's.....

cs-vgc.jpg

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/proddisp.asp?item=CS-VGC&stext=vigiliante

This is a great thread. I hope it stays right up front and many guys keep it alive. That said, my go to stick at $5 is Partagas Black Label Gigante which is available at Serious Cigar in Houston. I also go to a less expensive cigar which is an excellent smoke. It is a Famous Nicaraguan 5000 Maduro sold in bundles of 20 for under $2 ea. available at Famous Cigars on the web. Whenever I hear guys talk about putting straight cigar leaf in a pipe I shudder to think....Why not grab a good cigar and just smoke it? In my estimation there is no "sweeter" room note in a man's home and car or truck than the combined aromas of his pipe tobacco and his cigar. It's a defining dad and grandpa aroma. A warm, comfortable, and safe place to be.

Sale is still on for the Vigilante Churchill for anyone who is interested. They are hard to beat for $1.37 each. I bought 7 bundles myself, and wish I could have afforded to buy a few more at this price.

Punch Pita has been really hitting the spot for me lately - I highly recommend it...

Another outstanding cigar that is certainly worth mentioning, is Nick Perdomo's Lot 23. I prefer the maduro version in the 6x50 Toro offering. This is a fantastic cigar that can stand head to head with other cigars in the $10 to $15 price range.

Cigar Place has them starting at $67.95 for a box of 20 Robusto's. That gives them a price point of $3.40 each, for a premium cigar in a gorgeous box, not a bundle.

If you place an order on the first day of the month, shipping is free. In addition, if you get on their e-mail list, they offer free shipping at other times of the month as well.

http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/a/catalog.cigarBrand/brandid/1603/

perdomo_cigars-Lot-23-Maduro_zps26b368b3.jpg

CI-P23-ROBM-400_zps4e5089a6.jpg

Not sure if they still make them but tat series p @ $1.75 a stick I couldn't resist last time I found some I bought two boxes.