best new tobacco for 2012?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somedumbjerk

Reaction score
alright guys and gals, what was your favorite tobacco that came out in 2012? right now i'm tied between Peterson Hyde Park and MacB HH Old Dark Fired. I'd love to see some other opinions!

man i'm going to have to crack my tin of sextant. i was going to let it age a bit because, well, it IS made by GL Pease. i'm guessing it's good fresh then. :bounce:

With stuff this new in release, age is a bit of a have-to "sit n wait," but yes, it tastes fantastic as-is. :cheers: I mark "for aging" below dates of tins I remind myself to be patient toward.

8)

Old Dark Fired gets my vote. I think it is one of the best blends in the last 20 years. It is an instant classic and holds a large space in my cellar. It also represents maybe the best tinned value on the market.

somedumbjerk":62iy1wc2 said:
man i'm going to have to crack my tin of sextant. i was going to let it age a bit because, well, it IS made by GL Pease. i'm guessing it's good fresh then. :bounce:
It's excellent fresh, I can hardly wait to try some in a couple years. That is, if can leave it on the shelf that long. 8)

Really haven't tried any of the others but I will get there.

old dark fired is pretty freakin hard to beat.. its good stuff..
at first I was thinking maybe : New tobaccos discovered and fell in love with.. as Ive gotten away from Aro's completely and fell in love over and over with countless blends bursting with flavor and complexity ..This has been a breakthrough year for me.

Old Dark Fired for me too. Now that I have an open tin I wake up in the morning looking forward to lighting a bowl of it at night. It should be one everyone tries.

Irish Mike":76n6l9m4 said:
IMHO Old Dark Fired, Sextant a very close second.
Hey, Mike! Good to hear from you. It's been a while.
I hate to be unoriginal, but as soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought "ODF". It took me a little while to warm up to it, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

I have to jump on the ODF bandwagon too. It's kind of like a much more accessible Dark Flake, and that's a good thing. It's replaced Bracken Flake as my favorite after dinner smoke.

I bought some ODF but haven't popped a tin yet. I'll have to try it soon.

femur":ub1used7 said:
I bought some ODF but haven't popped a tin yet. I'll have to try it soon.
do it right before you place an order because you'll want more!