Best Room Note

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billmess

Reaction score
What tobacco do you think has the best room note? The type of scent people track you down and thank you for improving their day, women throw themselves at you, and mostly importantly your wife says that stuff is amazing you can now smoke in the house???
but seriously, what do you think smells the best?

Bill

My wife absolutely LOVED the scent of 1Q, exclaiming "That tobacco smells good enough to eat!". I might also mention that in my single days about 35-40 years ago I struck up quite a few conversations with young ladies after they got a whiff of the Amphora Red Full Aroma in my pipe. Unfortunately it is no longer available in the USA.

Smokey

My better half semi-likes aro's
dislikes VaPers
is neutral about dark burleys
and loves Oriental/Latakia room notes.

I have to agree, I like the smell of heavy English blends - the wife does too, says they remind her of church. :scratch:

Otherwise, Aros tends to smell the best (obviously) and VA tends to smell the worse, IMHO. Burley is sort of middle of the road.

I hate to say it, but I live in Reno. Anyone not smoking "GPC" cigarettes or Swisher Sweets gets attention. :lol: I did hear some lady insist someone was baking gingerbread nearby when I was dipping into one of my Wilke English blends... which to my nose, isn't aromatic at all. Again, this is Reno. :lol:

I do not know, how it is today, but ca. 60 or 50 years ago many ladies in my family friend's circles simply loved smell of blends with Latakia. They were coming from circles of former small landowners running their farming and small wood industry. The smell of Latakia reminded to these ladies the smell of natural tar from small wood tar factories at their former lands or smell of fires traditionally fired after hunting. This was gone due to changes after WWII in Eastern Europe, it was just the smell of Latakia that reminded to these persons the smell of old days.

My wife hates virtually every form of tobacco smoke: aromatic, VA, English, cigars, you name it.

There is only one exception: MacBaren's Vanilla Cream (watch it...it bites).

I'm not a particularly good reference here, as I almost never smoke inside. But for the occasions when I'm with a crowd or at a picnic type event, I rather like the way Trout Stream smells. Just a bit of it can hide the rope or heavy flakes I'm really smoking, hiding under it's scent.

Natch

Dave_In_Philly":2cmkbzam said:
I have to agree, I like the smell of heavy English blends - the wife does too, says they remind her of church. :scratch:
I think that many lat blends have a smell not entirely dissimilar to Frankinsence.

Best room note for folks who don't like the smell of tobacco is Boswell Berry Cobbler IMO.

Storm_Crow":odrmh6i9 said:
Dave_In_Philly":odrmh6i9 said:
I think that many lat blends have a smell not entirely dissimilar to Frankinsence.

Best room note for folks who don't like the smell of tobacco is Boswell Berry Cobbler IMO.
any of the aros from Boswell have yummy room notes

My personal favorites for stuff that smells good are two Uhle's blends, #300 and Crushed White Burley. 300 has a sweet honey topping and CWB has a sort of sweet licorice like flavor. Both have an excellent cube cut burley as their base.

I can't really deal with most aromatics nowadays past the first 1/3rd of a bowl (unless you count some G&H stuff), but the two Uhle's blends have enough of an aromatic quality that the people around you will probably be happy, yet also a good tobacco quality so that you are happy.

My wife digs 'em and she also likes a few Lat/Oriental blends (Chelsea Morning, Red Rapparee), but since she usually picks up my women for me, I've never really needed my tobacco to do it, so I can't say if any these will work for you in that regard ;) . I've gotten plenty of "that smells nice"s though.

BCAQ

I've had women in yoga pants stop on the street to tell me it smells good. I tend to smoke it more in the car because my wife doesn't seem to mind it. My friend says it smells like hot chocolate.

Yack, I thought the thread was called Restroom Note! I was curious what that could be? I had visions of urinal puck flake or something.

But the best is GH Scotch Flake. It has a very nice milk chocolate topping or at least it did. It's also very sweet but mild. It's a peculiar topping that seems to be something the smoker tastes and yet those around you will ... well... this is where I should insert a warning. It seems to be a strong aphrodisiac for many women bystanders. Remember, you were warned.

Rusty":7jucdxsb said:
Yack, I thought the thread was called Restroom Note! I was curious what that could be? I had visions of urinal puck flake or something.

But the best is GH Scotch Flake. It has a very nice milk chocolate topping or at least it did. It's also very sweet but mild. It's a peculiar topping that seems to be something the smoker tastes and yet those around you will ... well... this is where I should insert a warning. It seems to be a strong aphrodisiac for many women bystanders. Remember, you were warned.

Well.... I guess I will have to order some......

Bill