Beverages That Work Well With the Pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLRV

Reaction score
So, I've been finding that the alkalinity on the tongue is eased considerably by tea; green tea specifically. Anything carbonated makes my tongue feel like I've got a zillion tiny needles poking it.

My question is:

What beverages do you drink while smoking to either enhance the experience or relieve the slightly "burny" but not quite "bitey" feeling?

There was I brother sharing here a few days ago about Red Wine helping with tongue bite...I don't know if it works but I'm willing to try!

An interesting concept. One would think the tannins would exacerbate the issue, but perhaps not. Certainly worth a try.

That'd be me boys :lol: I forgot where I read it exactly but I decided to give it a whirl when I just started pipe smoking last year. So I got myself a small glass and sipped it slowly, if you let it stay in your mouth on your tongue for a few seconds it works even better. All I can say is its magic! My go-to solution in the rare chance I get tongue bite.

After all, what's the worst that could happen? You enjoy a nice glass of wine. OH THE TORTURE!! Hahah :lol:

See, that's awesome. One of the many reasons BoB is invaluable. It would have taken me years and a bit of chance to learn about the red wine cure.

Flavor-wise, I like whiskey. Carbonated beverages are a no-go, and I haven't found beer to be a good compliment to a pipe, though I may need to do more research.

I just had a couple of fingers of Gentleman Jack with a bowl of McBaren Golden Extra...It was really nice.

That seems to be my routine as well PP. Big tea guy, so I do that through most of the day, until it's too late for caffeine, then switch over to either decaf or whiskey/rum.

Though, with this red wine aspect, that may change as well. We will see.

I've found the acid in a diet pepsi neutralizes any tongue bite I've encountered,,,

i enjoy a nice root beer with anything i smoke to tell the truth, apart from that coffee.

Harlock999":diqnbe4s said:
I love a big cup of Earl Grey tea with my morning smoke.
Now you're talking. That works for me with most tobaccos. However, with Ten Russians black coffee seems to work the best.
In the evenings I'm not averse to a little brandy with a bowl of va.