Bids,Buying where are all the smokers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipes and tobacco continue to sell, so there are clearly pipers out there. What may be needed is a bit of encouragement in the local community to get pipers out in public. Start a pipe club in your area if there isn't one already or join an existing club. Then encourage each other to be publicly visible with your pipes and re-normalize pipe smoking.

More lunting and less lurking! 8)

99.999 percent of my pipe smoking is done either on my deck out back or on the benches under the trees in front. I hardly ever see another smoker. I suspect air bags are one reason sightings of pipers behind the wheel are rare.

KevinM":w7rwqj4f said:
99.999 percent of my pipe smoking is done either on my deck out back or on the benches under the trees in front. I hardly ever see another smoker. I suspect air bags are one reason sightings of pipers behind the wheel are rare.
Lol

And who is buying all the schlock tobacco, the huge bags so super-value this-or-that, or the large tins of codger blends? Where are they, off coon-huntin' or what?

Richard Burley":3mke8e0y said:
And who is buying all the schlock tobacco, the huge bags so super-value this-or-that, or the large tins of codger blends? Where are they, off coon-huntin' or what?
I often wonder what the market profile of pipe tobacco looks like. It's interesting to peruse the "Our Top Ten Sellers" lists on the various sites. It looks like codger blends dominate, though it's hard to say with other blenders working hard to put out new weed. It sorta reminds me of music. Fans of country love the familiar. If a country artist produces one or two hits, he or she has a lifetime franchise. But Pop fans always look for something new. Hasbeen-dom is never far away. 'Course, there are blends aplenty out there, so the must be a pipe market somewhere, Is the market just thin but widespread? How's the foreign market? Things that make me go hmmmm . . .

Richard Burley":20wyp4ir said:
That one I can answer.

Those huge bags of super value crap aren't pipe tobacco. It's cig tobacco for those tube stuffer machines. Who here has ever honestly tried to smoke mentholated pipe tobacco? It's a tax loophole thing. And, it's part of the recent hub bub over taxes and pipe tobacco.

As for the codger blends, mostly smoked by codgers lol. And me, I love Prince Albert. I probably smoke a pouch a week of that one.