Bikes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricJ

Reaction score
Not the kind you peddle either.
What do you guys ride?
My current ride is a very basic 06 883 Sportster (see my avatar), I was looking for something in the Dyna line but stumbled on this little gem at a great price and couldnt pass it by.
Upgrades so far: An Arlen Ness Stage 1 Big Sucker intake & filter, Dynajet kit, a Kyrakyin (sp) highway bar, and a set of forward controls off ebay. The original owner had put drag pipes on it (just ordered a set of power cones to help the low end), a sissy bar, and upgraded the seat.
Future plans 12" apes, a Seeger chopper kit, and eventually a 1200cc kit.
I bought it in march of this year with 7,000mi on it, she now has double that. This bike is my therapist.

An 06 with only 7000 miles,,,nice snag,,,barely broken in,,,

Rode a 2000 Victory V92C, purchased new, until financial constraints forced me to sell it this summer.

Steve

07 Road King Custom with a stage one kit, race tuner computer program, and Rush mufflers.

Looks like a dedicted V-Twin thread in the making...I'll pass then. :shock: :lol:

Nonsense, it just excluded pedal bikes. :lol:

I have a 2006 Bajaj Chetak 150 scooter (the green one), TRICS mod, Pride of Cleveland exhaust, cowl modification, rides fast and fun:

301262_264652173547344_100000076916918_1125212_2560137_a.jpg

My new ride, and first new vehicle purchase ever:

Tiger_800_Venom_Yellow.jpg

2012 Triumph Tiger 800

deepbass9":zmibc0z9 said:

[.img]imagine a yellow bike here[.img]

2012 Triumph Tiger 800
Nice Triumph, sir. 8)

Kyle Weiss":a8xi1mur said:
deepbass9":a8xi1mur said:

2012 Triumph Tiger 800
Nice Triumph, sir. 8)
Thanks. I figured we could at least bump it up from two to three cylinders :afro: .

Greetings all,

My ride, after 23 previous bikes, is a 2009 BMW GS Adventure in Magma Red.

NewBMWatSprucewood001.jpg

CACooper

deepbass9":tp6h3ivr said:
Kyle Weiss":tp6h3ivr said:
deepbass9":tp6h3ivr said:

2012 Triumph Tiger 800
Nice Triumph, sir. 8)
Thanks. I figured we could at least bump it up from two to three cylinders :afro: .
Hey! I was doin' okay with my one-banger Bajaj! :albino: :lol:

Now there's a Beemer on the list too... Love BMW bikes, they're the Toyota of two wheels.

That Triumph looks to be going 100 sitting still.

Kyle Weiss":29hr2t56 said:

Now there's a Beemer on the list too... Love BMW bikes, they're the Toyota of two wheels.

Room for all sizes...that's what makes BOB so much fun to check out.

My last Bimmer...was like a Toyota...you know, the ones with the recent recalls :tongue: Gave me a bit of fits towards the end...not her fault and nothing with the drive line. She was older and the rubber, gaskets, etc, were on their way out.

mark":29hr2t56 said:
That Triumph looks to be going 100 sitting still.
Well, I can't attest to what she does when she sits and I'm not around, but when she's rolling... :afro: :afro:

She's an adventure bike, like the Coop's...

deepbass9":pccxdugn said:
Kyle Weiss":pccxdugn said:

Room for all sizes...that's what makes BOB so much fun to check out.

My last Bimmer...was like a Toyota...you know, the ones with the recent recalls :tongue: Gave me a bit of fits towards the end...not her fault and nothing with the drive line. She was older and the rubber, gaskets, etc, were on their way out...
...really? I have three friends, all with BMW bikes, all with 150K+ on them...I rarely hear about problems. By the way, my 1997 4Runner with 253K on it is NOT a recent Toyota. :lol: Well, you know what they say about if they have tires, testicles or tits... 8)

go over to the ADVrider.com site and search BMW final drive failures...they've been having some serious final drive problems the past several years. One guy had his go out at 13k, 29k, and 60K miles :face:

Interesting you should mention the dreaded final drive. I've already had the main bearing replaced at 2300 miles (warranty). After a long tour from Denver to Phoenix and back, I noticed just a tiny amount of play while rocking the rear wheel back and forth. Had the dealer check it, and sure enough, they had to replace it.

Nope, BMW's aren't like Toyota's at all. They're just like BMW's.

My wife just got a brand new, 2012 BMW X3. The passenger side window controller quit working at about 2000 miles. The dealer says it's a common problem on the new ones, and the part is backordered.

Good old German engineering. That's precisely why I bought an extended warranty.

Actually, the bike and car are beautifully made, are a joy to ride and drive and just ooze quality and refinement.

BMW's are just a bit tempermental at times, that's all. ;)

CACooper

Geez, sounds like my first (and last) experience with water-cooled VWs... typical German engineering...redundant systems that are entirely too integrated with one another to create instant failure, or at least until you shove hundreds of dollars into it.

Maybe it was just BMWs from mid 80's on back... they seem to just work and not care. My father has a friend with a 2001 and it's okay, too...

...eh, I take that back. BMWs are not the Toyota of bikes. At least not recently.

I ride with a group of guys that "don't care what ya ride as long as you can keep up", lots of Honda's, a few Yamaha's & Suzuki's several HD's and a Triumph are regulars with everything from Goldwings to Hayabusa's to Cruisers of all shapes & colors. Heck we look like a circus coming to town. For us it's not so much what you ride it's,,,"The Ride", that feeling of brotherhood that comes from being out on two wheels in the open air. We give the biker wave to all we pass, don't care what your on. I can remember when I started riding on the street back when I was 16, you would wave at some of these old HD guys and when they saw you on a jap bike they either ignored you or flipped you off, I think all thoses guys have died off, It seems that bikers now have more comraderie. I think all us "old" HD guys started on jap bikes so we recognize that inside every rice rocket jockey is a Harley Biker trying to get out :pirat: .

...believe me, the "biker brotherhood" thing is great---until you're the guy on a Vespa... suddenly you're the lowest of the low, I get waves about, oh once in thirty bike passes. *laughs* Scooterists like it that way, we're the mangy dogs of the two-wheeled world. :) Nope, can't do 190MPH, but people sure look at you funny when you pass them on the freeway. 8)