Binge-worthy TV shows?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Combat! was my favorite too. I've often wondered whether it was available anywhere.
I was thinking I don't remember them being in colour and remembered our old black and white tv, and we didn't get a colour model for years after they came out cause they were so expensive. And when dad finally got one it was like a 12" model and they put in their bedroom aghhhhh :LOL:

I was thinking I don't remember them being in colour and remembered our old black and white tv, and we didn't get a colour model for years after they came out cause they were so expensive. And when dad finally got one it was like a 12" model and they put in their bedroom aghhhhh :LOL:
I wonder if the show made the switch to color at some point during its run. That was common during the ‘60s.

I just watched "Turncoat" I really enjoyed it. It was on foxtel and was a 2 part series brilliant. It has subtitles but very manageable. I recommend it if you can get it.

Acclaimed World War II drama about a young Wehrmacht soldier torn between a sense of duty, guilt and conscience, who ultimately defects to fight with the Red Army.

Might've already been mentioned.... these two. I hope I'm not redundant, but I don't have the patience to read thru all 148 postings, listing recommendations, merits, demerits, yada, yada, yada...... So, my two cents:

THE CHOSEN
THE ALIENIST

Definitely worth binging-watching.

The first:
This is an almost documentary-scriptural, telling of Life of Christ, but it's told from, and through, imagined yet plausible, human interactions. This is NOT the typical retelling of the Life and Times of Jesus Christ.....and this version isn't loaded down by the usual hyper-pious cliches. Modern language is used to tell the "back-story" and explain much of what has come to be known and revealed through the ages. Very entertaining. Very human. Scripture, ancient life, and our modern life, all become a reality as the story unfolds. This production fills in all the blanks.

The second:
Sit back and step into old, New York City back in the late 1890s, for this serial-killer, crime-drama. The title has nothing to do with flying saucers or aliens from space. Be in this series, and in extraordinary detail, watch as "modern day" science -we now call "Criminology/CSI" begin at its infancy, and you'll understand just how far we have come -with the help of modern science and investigative techniques- to identify and prosecute criminals. The clothing, language, settings scenery all evoke that long gone, gas-lit, era. Fascinating, well-produced, and expertly acted characters.

Brains won't shrivel nor will your neurons rot to imbecility when watching either of these productions. Both well worth the time. IMO.

Last edited: