Board Participation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
So there are a total of 1196 registered users on this board, but I count no more than two dozen who post regularly. I have also seen posters who post a whole bunch for a month or two or three, but then fall off the face of the earth (this does not include DPG, who has a valid vacation-related excuse for taking a break from the board).

What's up with that?

Does this count as my post for the month?

FWIW there doesnt seem to be a happy medium. Most forums the majority seem to be minimal if any posts or hit the send button every time they fart. (can I say that ?)

Philthy summed it up....

Plus it always slows down in the warm months.

I'm new to the board and don't feel comfy posting alot. But do check first thing to see what is happening. Have got addicted to BoB.

I post when I have a valid comment, a question, or can make a intelligent contribution
(which isn't very often). I hate to show my ignorance unless necessary.
I stay on this forum reading most of the day everyday and reading every post. I am very grateful for this forum and glean a right smart of info. from what others have to say. I am trying to quit cigarettes at this time I only smoke about 3 bowls of pipe tobacco a day. I'm enjoying snuffing more than anything I have ever done consuming tobacco. Here is where I learned about snuff and a fellow Bob sent a collection of 1 gm bottles of his snuffs samples and I am learning from these what I can enjoy.
I am very thankful for everyone of you guys and gals posting on the BoB and hope each and everyone of You are Living life to the fullest.
Thanks
Ed

I, like PegLegEd, read the forum daily but only post every so often. I too am apprehensive about positing sometimes due to my igoriance on the subject matter as well as feeling, at times, my questions are not well received because of my ignorance. As I have stated previously, I am very thankful for the forum considering I am a stay-at-home father (laid off twice in the last six months, gotta love the economy) that lives in the boonies and the nearest b&m is about an 1 hour away. It is great to be able to have "adult" conversations with a great group of people throughout the day. I try to talk to my kid about pipes and pipe smoking but he just looks at me like I am freaking crazy, he is 6 months, so very pre-verbal.

:cheers:
SWS

I think I am at slightly less than 5 posts per day average. I don't actually recall posting that frequently, probably because a significant portion of my posts are really just useless drivel.

The point here is that, even though it could be said that I am "active" and that I "participate", the truth of the matter is that there are others who, despite the fact that they may post less than I do, actually manage to contribute much more.

:cheers: :lol:

Frost":qt28e1s6 said:
I think I am at slightly less than 5 posts per day average. I don't actually recall posting that frequently, probably because a significant portion of my posts are really just useless drivel.

The point here is that, even though it could be said that I am "active" and that I "participate", the truth of the matter is that there are others who, despite the fact that they may post less than I do, actually manage to contribute much more.

:cheers: :lol:
Frost, I politely disagree with you regarding posting "useless drivel". Your posts are ones that I look to often to further my "education". I think you make a great contribution!

:cheers:
SWS

To add to the above: I take exception to the self-deprecation. In my opinion the simple fact that one owns and enjoys smoking a pipe and likes to read about what others have to say on related matters - and participate in saying something themselves sometimes - is a clear indicator of the total absence of ignorance. The rest is all minor details. I cannot imagine that any regular on this board, well-meaning humor aside, would ever consider their fellow pipesters otherwise.

I would Like to think that I only post when I have something useful to add, not whenever I happen to agree with what someone has already said. In my opinion, what good comes from simply saying 'I agree?' That being said, I truly love visiting these boards everyday, I always try to contribute whenever possible. I'm just glad that there are knowledgeable people that do post frequently. Without them, I probably would have given up on pipes long before I fell in love with them.

The Janitor

Words I try to live by,,(but seldom succeed)

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. -- Bible, 'Proverbs' 17:28.

I'm ok with everyone knowing I'm a big dummie, dummy, dumbie, dumby, dummey, dumbey.. Every how ya spell it.

I'm afraid I'm one who doesn't post very often. I rarely get a chance to get online, at least to post on forums. But if I have something to add to a discussion, I try to jump in.

There's another tobacco site I'm a member of that is full of folks who will post nothing but a "+1" or "I agree" bunches of times...they have lots of posts, but not much substance.

I will say that I really enjoy reading the tobacco related posts on this site. There seems to be a comraderie that isn't forced or fake in any way. I truly feel I could sit down with any of the brothers on this site, and fire up a bowl and very pleasantly pass the time.

Mike

I find that I post more while at work than at home. Just kidding boss! :oops:

Some people don't feel comfortable speaking/typing in front of others. :p

I generally read all the posts on the forum, and try to contribute if I feel I have something worthwhile to say, though I definitely know I'd like to post more than I have lately.

I'm one of those that is mostly absent. I come here often to read the latest news, but have been posting less and less. The same with other groups I participate. Eventually posting will pick up again. I'm feeling a bit guilty because I sure do appreciate those who post.