Board Tone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":w317ifz1 said:
For my part, I'm grateful to be a part of a board that doesn't seem to have snobbish cliques and where every poster no matter what their experience is welcomed and newbie questions are addressed in a helpful and respectful manner.

Amen to this.

I've never really met another pipe smoker, other than one I created...namely a few pals, and I'm sure folks is folks. But around here folks is people. The caliber of the writing, the conveyance of ideas, and most importantly....the total lack of bashing in this forum is superlative.

Personally, I'm simply amazed at the lack of "use the search function, stupid" posts. As someone that gets his hands into many things and always wants to know more...and is a good search-function-using-guy, sometimes you just can't find what you want. Or, times have changed..or the people have changed, and therefor the views and approaches have changed. Just the fact that a newbie can ask "what's FVF?" and not get slammed speaks volumes.

I may never get to meet any of you guys in person, but I see your avatar or sig in your post, and it's like a buddy's talking. So, I like to "listen".

And the total lack of advertising is awesome...feels like a lounge and not a billboard.

Kudos, my friends.

Oh, one more thing....pipers seem to give away tobacco and stuff like no other folks. It illustrates the desire to pull others into the fold and those folks have my respect.

deepbass9":sgwf9pl6 said:
Personally, I'm simply amazed at the lack of "use the search function, stupid" posts.
Where is the search function?

Kidding. 8)