BoB Usergroups

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saluations,

Unless my syntax was incorrect, there are not already posts on this topic. I am curious about the expansion of the 'usergroups' section of the board beyond the current three groups; one of which being moderators, and another a group seemingly without purpose.

Should there be more groups? What could they be? Countries? Shop owners/workers? Chronic traders?

The guy who created and maintains this board (J the Huggett) did and does it all for free---talking hundreds of hours so far---and More Shit For Him To Do is not on the menu. :evil:

If you are a Crafty Computer Guy who can 1) convince him of the necessity of a third user class; and 2) that YOU would be the one to do it, maybe.

The only way we've been using usergroups is to assign permissions. When Dock was here he created the straight grains but I'm not really sure what he was planning on doing with that. It could actually be removed.

Any suggested uses for them? I can assign administrative duties of a usergroup to anyone but I don't know what the purpose would be except to create a member only subforum such as the Asylum. The reason we did that was to keep the heated discussions from bleeding out on to the general forums.

For the most part though we all talk about the same stuff being this is a pipe centric board. Always open to suggestions though.

I should also add, Doc Manhattan has been doing the lion's share of the work around here lately. He's probably done more work in the last month than I have all year... maybe two. :lol:

Actually j is underworked for all the dough he rakes in off the suckers .
I think its high time he does something to earn his pay around here.

I haven't looked.. but.. 1 moderator.. a walled off section for the mods..
2 council... same thing as moderator .. a 'legacy' group.
3 straightgrains.. another legacy.. we had a walled off section for folks to talk about high dollar pipes where they wouldn't seem offensive to the people that don't walk around with 10k pipes..

I want to be King of "the group seemingly without purpose". I've trained for this for years, I have all the skills and experience necessary, and I've never had purpose in my life. Vote for Natch, he has no purpose... Now there's a political campaign add I can live up to.

Natch

Natch":dgjljw8y said:
I want to be King of "the group seemingly without purpose". I've trained for this for years, I have all the skills and experience necessary, and I've never had purpose in my life. Vote for Natch, he has no purpose... Now there's a political campaign add I can live up to.

Natch
:cheers: :cheers:

Natch":95h57f7l said:

Natch
Are you sure you wouldn't rather go by Emperor, has a certain zing to it! lol

Natch":p0qzatdj said:
On my office door is says: Most Perfect Temple of Absolute Wisdom, but I don't want to intimidate you cretins! :lol:

Natch
I prefer the title Grand Omnipotent Thumper myself.