BOB'S pipe of the year?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nate560

Reaction score
Hi just want to ask if anyone knows if there will be a BOB pipe of the year. Thanks in advance for any help. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Steve

The last one, the only one so far, was done in 2008 and based on this shape.

Mark Tinsky Squat Bulldog Shape #13

We haven't discussed it recently. There are a couple ways of doing it. Last time I was kind of told to run with it and did. Let me see what fellows think. Not sure how much time I have. But anything is possible at the moment. Maybe somebody else will want to run with it. :D

Oh, and it appears that we lost the threads for the past forum pipe in one of the server changes etc. There was some great pictures there. At least, I cannot find the threads.

Sorry guys. I sorta dropped the ball on this year's BoB's forum pipes. The SHPC had Kaywoodie do their's this year but there were only about 6 ordered in all. Not a stellar turnout. I promise that come 2011 I'll get BoB's POY available for those who want them.

Piet Binsbergen":ssbg7xyc said:
That would be a cool!
Hey Piet!!!
Do you think Jean (Jan Pietenpauw) would be up for the job??? :D
PS: I haven't forgotten about the box to SA. Still working on it.
I will let you know when it ships out.

What about a "Carlos" pipe...now that he's a certified pipe maker? What could be more fitting than a pipe made by a long time member of this board!

Jim 8)

Ol'Dawg":syajyij1 said:
What about a "Carlos" pipe...now that he's a certified pipe maker? What could be more fitting than a pipe made by a long time member of this board!

Jim 8)
I couldn't agree more Jim! :D

I can guarantee that there would be at least one buyer if another one rolls out! :D

Dover..... not a bad Idea....... I think Carlos may e a better bet, I agree with JP!

Ol'Dawg":yi2nsqvx said:

Jim 8)

Certified International Pipe Maker! 8) Some would just say Certifiable.

But I have to decline at this time, as I know I could not do my best on a project of this size.

Carlos":5g20wfk0 said:
Ol'Dawg":5g20wfk0 said:

Jim 8)

Certified International Pipe Maker! 8) Some would just say Certifiable.

But I have to decline at this time, as I know I could not do my best on a project of this size.
:lol!: :lol!:

I'd be interested if it came to fruition. I've got one of the Tinsky Squat Bulldog's from '08 and it's the best smoking flake pipe I've got (a bugger-bear to hold and it doesn't feel "right" in my hand, but smokes like a dream!). Perhaps we could get a low-end plastic bubble pipe for those of us that smoke Walnut? :lol:

Natch

Count me in as long as the pipe does not cost me an eye! ;)

I got the 2008 Tinsky - great pipe - so I'd be keen on a 2010/11 POY.