Bohemian Rahpsody Movie

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So who's going to to see the Bohemian Rhapsody Movie?

I'll state right now that I've never been a fan of Queen. Never bought any of their albums. But I was certainly aware of them and their contribution to the music of that era. That, plus the FM stations I listened to at the time played their hits so I was more or less familiar with them - at least what I heard.

Now that this movie has been released I will admit to having a yen to seeing it, if only to acquaint myself with what the media portrays Queen as an influential factor in the annuls of R&R.

And of course it will be quite a different story from the truth of the matter. Films of this nature could not be produced without a certain amount of hyperbole.

That said, I will probably get this in as a DVD at some point as I avoid the cinema like the plague. And even then, it will have to be on loan from my library. I'm interested, but not so much as to own a copy.

And you?

Cheers,

RR

Strangely, being a huge Queen fan, I don't plan to see it. No human could do justice to Freddy Mercury imho.

I am a queen fan and would like to see it. I will Shari probably wait for it to be released on Netflix or something. The only time we go to a movie theater anymore is when it is the cheap one the next town over, 3 dollars a ticket. Think movie tickets are way overpriced these days.

-Dan

I may see it in the future. But we do not often do movie theaters. That's mostly a tortuous experience. Often, other people suck. I would rather be in the comfort of my own home. A 60" screen, and the MAC1900 receiver feeding the Klipsch Heresy's will be just fine, thanks.

I own a number of their vinyl albums.

Grew up on Queen. What I've seen of the clips are very impressive. What's more Brian May and Rodger Taylor both have said the portrayal of Freddie was the best they've ever seen. I will most likely see it but I'll not risk the theater this time of year period. My son and his girl friend saw it and absolutely loved it.

Jim

Blackhorse":xobfgye3 said:
Heard BRap is very so-so...don’t plan to go.

I’d much rather go Gaga over “A Star is Born”.

But neither one has any explosions...so...
I saw it yesterday. I was pretty good but the focus on the over the top mouth/teeth prosthetic was distracting. I wish they would have cut back on the concert sequence and gotten deeper into the back story. I enjoyed GaGa and Cooper to a lesser extent in the remake of A Star is Born.

Carlos":xobfgye3 said:
A 60" screen, and the MAC1900 receiver feeding the Klipsch Heresy's will be just fine, thanks.
No it won't. The sound was the highlight of the movie. I expect the only nominations this film will get will be for sound. :shock:

Finally saw this last night courtesy of my library.

Have to say I enjoyed it a lot, despite never being a huge fan of Queen. Not that I disliked their music, just that I never bought any of their albums or saw them in concert. When they were big I was just into other bands I guess.

Anyway I don't know how close this is to historical accuracy but don't really care either. Thought the portrayal of Freddie was well done and enjoyed the concert footage.

Should have turned on the subtitle option though as I always have problems understanding dialog, but got the general idea.

Cheers,

RR

A few interesting takes on the film there. Not seen it yet but I've heard great reviews about it here in Blighty so am mightily looking forward to it.

I too grew up on Queen, it being an ever present part of my growing up. I wouldn't say I'm one of those die hard fans but I really enjoy their sounds when the mood takes.

I have a set of Mission floor standers sat on a laminate floor hooked up to a half decent amp. When I'm the only one home Queen often gets a run out at a volume that is just shy of wrecking my neighbourhood standing. ;)