Boswell or Kaywoodie POY?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jacko":a4dvnr3y said:
Both of those shapes you are looking at are classical English. Stylistically you are going to get closer to traditional form with a Kay where Boswell is quintessential American - a smokers pipe if you will. You can't go wrong with either, just depends on your taste. Do you want a more refined English shaped pipe or a 'rugged' smoker? Also generally speaking Boswell tend to be on the larger side, group 6/7. At least that has been my experience...
I'm looking for something more along the traditional English lines, although if something catches my eye, I hae no problem deviating. I'm not interested in a standard Kaywoodie and it seems like their POYs are going to be a little too large (also in the group 6/7 range). I have to say, there was one bulldog on the Boswell site yesterday that would have been perfect but alas it was gone in less than 5 minutes after the site was updated.

wintermute said:
jacko":kej7yzfr said:
I have to say, there was one bulldog on the Boswell site yesterday that would have been perfect but alas it was gone in less than 5 minutes after the site was updated.
Call their store, let them know the pipe you wanted, and ask if they have a similar one available.

That's a popular style for Boswell (http://www.boswellpipes.com/bulldogrhodeiansgallery.html). I'm sure you could just ring them up and ask what they have kicking around. You will have to call them withing about 30 secs of them posting their pipes on Thursday to get one that way...

SCORE!!!!!

BlueBitBulldog5.jpg