Bought my first tobacco seeds!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozark Wizard":pwvd529l said:
Nice group of seeds there! The CT Broadleaf will love Oregon. Plus, they are manageable at only 4 feet tall...

And yes, this would be a good time to get those babies started. I might wait on the Okra though. They like it hot....

"And so it begins........":cheers:  
I'm definitely looking forward to the Broadleaf, though I'm interested in how my Samsun turns out...

You're definitely right about the Okra. They loved my balcony in Amarillo, that's for sure!

WarlockBob
Excellent choice in tobacco seeds, some of my favorites. My opinion, Victory seeds are top notch with excellent customer service. Germination will start from 16 to 20 days and you have allot of seeds in which the majority will sprout. How many square feet are you working with per-tobacco?
Good Luck with your crop!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":u0puutyg said:
WarlockBob
Excellent choice in tobacco seeds, some of my favorites. My opinion, Victory seeds are top notch with excellent customer service. Germination will start from 16 to 20 days and you have allot of seeds in which the majority will sprout. How many square feet are you working with per-tobacco?
Good Luck with your crop!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Thanks! My back patio limits me greatly here, but I'm going to try and dedicate at least 2 square foot to each plant. I've got more than a few 2 gallon planters, and a ton of good soil. As long as I keep on top of them and make sure they get plenty of nutrients (shouldn't be much of a problem up here in the PNW), I think they'll be alright. And keeping a plant per planter means I can move them around as needed without issue!

Got my little pots ready to go, and my seeds are germinating!

img_2011.jpg

I used cut up egg carton (the ones that break down) as my seed holder, with a little bit of soil and water; I put them in the small planters so I'd have a stable, leak-proof base for my plants to start germinating in. They're in a well-lit area in the house, where the cats won't get to them. Let's see how it goes!

CONGRATULATIONS....soon you will be a Father of many new seedlings. Egg crates were the perfect choice!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!