Bourbon, Irish Whiskey or Scotch?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If'n y'all happen to pass by a certain barber shop on Dunn Rd in Fayetteville NC (Ft Bragg), and notice a lot of people going in and out, but not many people getting a hair cut, then you're at the right place. :)

Tell them Percy Flowers sent you.

If'n y'all happen to pass by a certain barber shop on Dunn Rd in Fayetteville NC (Ft Bragg), and notice a lot of people going in and out, but not many people getting a hair cut, then you're at the right place. :)

Tell them Percy Flowers sent you.
Not just everybody knows "Percy Flowers!!";););)FTRPLT

Rum for me (y)

1705808560376.png
1705808636269.png

This is more about the times than about whiskey, but the Laphroaig email today was the impetus. The email was solely about the distillery manager leaving, written by the guy. We take it as commonplace that we overshare our lives, but geez, talk about unnecessary in a customer relationship. This is something that would have basically gone unnoticed, other than maybe in a quarterly to the stockholders. I don't think a 6-paragraph email is necessary to all the jokers who have signed up for your silly update emails. We have to announce everything we're doing, all the time. Desperate for attention, all the time. That's what this reeked of to me. Not only do I not care, but it really is none of my business about how they're doing business at the distillery. Honestly, I'd rather hear about one of the forklift drivers than management changes. I don't want to hear about the forklifter either, but why not? I guess this is some marketing tool of faux intimacy with your favorite brand.

I'd never limit myself to just one type or Whisky. In general, I like Irish to go along with other drinks. Scotch to drink in the evenings and Bourbon in cocktails.
Obviously they can all move around into different slots.

I'm more likely to spend more on a bourbon or rye because I have so many still to try. But have tried most notable Scotch and Irish whiskies over the years.

If you enjoy a wee kiss of peat in your scotch whisky, a wee touch of honey, and a wee touch of cream try Caol Ila.
That is pronounced 'Cull-Eela'.
It doesn't have the winter peat taste or smell of Laphroaig that alienates some folks.
It seems to me to have all the elements that make a great whisky.View attachment 12690
Caol Ila is one of my favourites. It has this lovely kinda olive oil mouth feel to it if you are a lil bit of water. I really enjoy that.