Brigham Pipes. Anybody use one ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyRoundup

Reaction score
I was lookin in the P&C magazine /catalog,, and came across the brigham pipes, and the "Rock Maple Insert" they use as a filter type thing.

Have any of you used one?
I just looked at a bunch online, and they seem to have a a few shapes I like,
So, out of curiosity, I figured if theres good reviews on the pipe, I might have to put one on my list of wants,, for someday,,, :D after I get a couple Lillehammers :D

I bought one last year; I'm pretty satisfied with it. (one of the prince shapes) I have no idea if the insert is doing much, but it's a smooth smoker so far.

I have two Brighams and Im satisfied with them. The inserts absorb moisture allow a pipe cleaner to pass thru them and can be rinsed off and reused.
The pipes I have are rusticated one dots and I think they are a good buy for the price.

Nice! So the one dots have that tube too huh?
Must be ALL of theyre pipes have that?
The prices didnt seem too bad either, and they have a good spread of different qualities.
Cool,

I've got a church warden I bought from Sasquatch and it's a fine smoker and nicely made. The maple inserts seem to take up enough of the moisture to keep them from gurgling, but don't seem to impact the taste. I find if I take them out and run them under hot water, I can use them up eight times before I replace them. It's really just a hollow wood "stinger" with an aluminum tip. I wouldn't think it would do much, but it seems to work for me.

Natch

Dang Natch, a Churchwarden? NICE !

Theyre site says you can get around 30 smokes out of a filter, if you clean it, and if you use 2 and rotate them...

I kind of wouldnt mind havin a Canadian Style, that was made in Canada :D thats sort of along the lines of what Im thinking.

I just cant seem to come across any Lillehammers, Anywhere! :evil:

I just cant seem to come across any Lillehammers, Anywhere! :evil:
Thus what was intended as friendly advice about jumping on a high grade example of any obscure pipe you like when you have a chance to. Chances can be few and far between.

The Brighams look like nice pipes. Never had one, but comment on them over the years has been uniformly favorable.

:face:

I've been curious about them too. (Not that I need another pipe right now) Dusty, please let us know if you get one and what you think about it.

Just smoked my 3-dot prince to remind myself of how it smoked -- nice smoker, but a wider stem than most (to accomodate the insert?) and v open draw -- it smokes pretty fast. I'll have to remember to smoke flakes and plugs in it.

Ohhh! Dr T, I never thought of the fact that the stems would be wider to accomodate the insert.

Man, One of these days I think I'd like to go to either a HUGE Pipe store,, (or B&M as you all call them) or maybe a pipe show.
Then a guy could see all the different brands.

DustyRoundup":w94t1tdb said:
Ohhh! Dr T, I never thought of the fact that the stems would be wider to accomodate the insert.
I should have been clearer, btw -- slightly thicker stem (top to bottom), rather than side-to-side. Not uncomfortable, though

I have a Brigham and would agree with fellow Brothers that it is a soild pipe. I have a two dot billard sitter that is a well made dry smoker( thanks in at least some part due to the rock maple inserts). I would say Dusty they are worth the money.

Brothers,

DrT999 correctly identified that the shanks of the Brigham pipes need to be slightly larger in order to accommodate the rock maple insert. In order to balance the stem they do end up being sturdier and less delicate looking and feel than some. This does influence shape design leaning toward traditional shapes rather than avant garde. In the end Brigham strives to make "good smokers" as one person has suggested.

Another reason why I love this place. Where makers and proud owners can come together. 8)

Glad you're posting, Brigham.

Mr More, Its a pleasure to meet you !

I myself , think that in todays world, we dont see enough business owners that would take the time , to keep up with customer's and potential customer's, questions regarding theyre product.

We do see a bit of it on this forum though.
I personally think it shows a great deal of character on your part, to take time to answer questions, and be there to answer these questions straight from the horses mouth ,so to speak.

Heck, most businesses take forever just to talk with customer service, and when you do , often times, theres not alot of knowledge there.

So, :D You Sir, have gained a customer. :D (and hopefully a few more ) through this thread.

Just a little bit more research , and I will be smoking one of your pipes very soon.

Thank You, for taking your time to be a part of this discussion.

Dusty

Thanks Dusty. Pipe smokers are no shrinking violets when it comes to opinions. That's what makes it such a great community. Sharing ideas; thoughts; experiences; and opinions. We all have our own preferences for tobacco; pipes; shapes; finishes; and so on and in the end we're all in agreement that smoking a pipe is just so enjoyable.

But back to pipes, has anyone seen the Dunhill Titantic? The tamper has a piece of a chair that floated up in Nova Scotia. The execution on this thing out of this world!