Brotherhood of Briar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd prefer to not be around people smoking... I've heard of the dangers of second hand smoke.

I smoke alone too, not too many pipe smokers around here. The few I have sold/given pipes too only smoke in the colder months (which are in the 70s). The one smoker that I see at the local shop rarely even answers me when I say hello.

I spend a lot of time (to much time there if you ask the wife) at the local B&M pipe/cigar shop about two miles from the house on my days off (middle of the week) when I have most of the chores and projects completed in the morning (still averaging in the mid 100's in the day so start everything at the crack of dawn). Johnson who runs the place (use to work for Marty Pulvers in his San Fransisco shop when it was open) is a pipe smoker. We can sit for hours and talk pipes and blends (when he is not with customers or restocking of course). We have converted several other of his patrons to start smoking a pipe. I still smoke my pipe at home in the office/man-cave but do enjoy smoking a bowl with friends. Occasionally pipe smoking friends come to the house and we sit out on the back deck in the evening sharing a bowl or cigar and bullshit for hours while sipping on Cognac. I have made some life long friends because of the pipe.

Mike,
That sounds awesome! My local shop is an hour away. And I've only met 2 pipe smokers there: the one that doesnt answer when spoken to and a feller that smokes only meerchaums (cool guy but only seen him once).

I envy you, my friend. Maybe one day I can take a road trip and smoke a bowl with some Brothers. I was gonna do this with the other forum about the time I went nuts.

T O if you ever make it to E Tenn. I'll take you to Smoky's. Just a few of us pipe smokers there but even the cigar smokers are great guys and good to hang with.

I think it´s terrific that there are sites just like this for us, the Pipe Smokers. The people I know personally who smoke pipes are few and far between. My conservatory mentor and I exchange tobaccos from time to time, but until this forum, he was my only fellow enthusiast I could relate with. Believe me, my wife doesn´t share the same joy at discovering a new tobacco, buying a new pipe, or finding a great pipe tool as we!! (In fact, me being an English blend fan, she rarely is more excited than mildly disgusted, hahaha!!) Anyhow, thank you ALL!