Bulldog Pics

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that shape, very interesting lines. That chunk of briar is pretty neat as well.

Hey man, nice! Is it a recent acquisition? Looks unsmoked as well.

I can't help but notice... da Cumbaland stem! :lol:

MisterE":vut3y7tv said:
Hey man, nice! Is it a recent acquisition? Looks unsmoked as well.

I can't help but notice... da Cumbaland stem! :lol:
Ah yeaah, boi, it's all about da cumbaland! Set me back a couple a benjamins last month, but it smokes very nicely. Not un-smoked when I got it, but very clean, you know what I'm sayin'?

And thanks Frost, I know you have an eye for nice bulldogs!

sstodvictory":ciood8qs said:
Two gorgeous Dogs. Nice photos too!

Is the second one also a Nielsen?

Steve
Thanks Steve! The second pipe is a W.O. Larsen. The nomenclature is kind of weak, and also awkwardly placed on either side of the diamond shank, so I didn't try to photograph it. I was being kind of lazy actually.

That Larsen is spectacular. Looks alot like a Stanwell shape 191, which just so happens to be one of my favorite shapes. :D

Frost":smbcbk2f said:
That Larsen is spectacular. Looks alot like a Stanwell shape 191, which just so happens to be one of my favorite shapes. :D
We're on the same page on that one, I like the Stanwell 191 a lot. If I had to choose one all around favorite shape, it would probably be something along those lines.

The Nielsen is such a beautiful pipe, thanks for showing this. That Larsen is also great - I actually don´t know, wich one I like the most.

There´s such a nice diffused natural light on your photographs. Is this available daylight under a tree?
Anyway, it´s always a pleasure to see your photos.

Thank you, I appreciate the comments!
I'm lucky that the afternoon light on my front porch is quite nice sometimes. It's shaded and diffused by the vines growing on the west facing side. If I'm patient and prepared, I can occasionally create a nice mood.
By the way, the Neilsen is a filter pipe that I bought from a dealer in Germany. I use it without a filter, and it smokes very nicely. Thanks again.

Beautiful photography and a nice pipe (again). It´s interesting: I confess that I usually don´t like most Bulldogs and rusticated pipes as well. But since I love that Nielsen and also the Larsen, It´s no surprise that I like this rusticated one too. This is one of Massimiliano Rimensi´s pieces, isn´t it?

Thanks for showing this,
kind regards
Thilo

Schacht":sei8zf8h said:
This is one of Massimiliano Rimensi´s pieces, isn´t it?
Yes it is, and I'm becoming a real fan of his bulldogs/rhodesians. This one smokes superbly, and is very small.
Thank you again for the positive feedback!

I´m often surprised, how the italian backround in culture, stile and craftsmanship is translated into pipe making. This Rimensi I think, is an example for what only Italians can do.

The pictures are (as always) beautiful too, thanks for showing this.

Incredibly beautiful, artistic pipes and great photography. Thanks for posting them. My mouth is watering!