Bulldog Pics

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Harlock, honest mistake, I could have e swore I saw that Peterson on your collection. I still think that Il Duca is absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't mind the specs on that one either. I'm really hoping on talking the wife into a new pipe for my birthday and either one would be an excellent addition.

Nick Fox":hdoav87b said:
Sorry Harlock, honest mistake, I could have e swore I saw that Peterson on your collection. I still think that Il Duca is absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't mind the specs on that one either. I'm really hoping on talking the wife into a new pipe for my birthday and either one would be an excellent addition.
The Il Duca with the green cumberland stem is a morta pipe, so, a little pricier than average. Quite a few of Masimiliano Rimensi's pipes are on the small side, and this one is no exception. About 4 1/2 inches long, 1 7/8 high, with a 3/4" chamber diameter.
I like to smoke Penzance in it, and it seems the perfect little pipe for that elusive blend.
It seems safe to say that Max is influenced by Paolo Becker, and like Becker, he works in briar, morta, and strawberry wood. I believe I've also seen a few of his pipes in olive wood. This one was purchased a couple of years ago from SmokingPipes.

Cheers,
Chris.

Really like that stem, those odd color ones really come together when done right.

The only dogs I have left (not including Nigel my Springer) are these two Ferndowns and a Pete.