Burger Press Recommendations?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Reaction score
Do you have a burger press you recommend? I'm referring to the type that initially forms the raw patty, not the type that presses the patty to the grill while cooking.

My burger press machine:

67872827-8566-458C-9ADD-25C5892EAA32.jpeg

I use the top of one of those peanut butter stuffed pretzel canisters from Sam's Club. You can put a strip/line it with plastic wrap so when you smoosh the stuff into the mold, you can just pull the plastic to pop it out, or you can do it without it too. You can just tap the corner on a plate or whatever, and the patty falls out. We seem to be always buying something bulk with big plastic lids that act perfectly for patty molds. I have a couple different sizes because of this, and they don't take up any drawer space. and throw it in the dishwasher after you use it. free. keep it from the landfill. win win win win win. kids like burgers that look like a machine made perfect circles too.

41b+UGlwKHL._AC_.jpg

Last edited:
I use the top of one of those peanut butter stuffed pretzel canisters from Sam's Club. You can put a strip/line it with plastic wrap so when you smoosh the stuff into the mold, you can just pull the plastic to pop it out, or you can do it without it too. You can just tap the corner on a plate or whatever, and the patty falls out. We seem to be always buying something bulk with big plastic lids that act perfectly for patty molds. I have a couple different sizes because of this, and they don't take up any drawer space. and throw it in the dishwasher after you use it. free. keep it from the landfill. win win win win win. kids like burgers that look like a machine made perfect circles too.

41b+UGlwKHL._AC_.jpg
Good idea! The prices on some of those presses are outrageous. The Weber burger press is around $15 and there's really not much to it; 2 pieces of plastic.

This idea is close enough to some of the commercial products that I'll give it a try and save some $$$. :)