Burley Suggestions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been ordering from Uhle's going on four years now. Ever since our own Pipemaker (who happens to live in near there) showed me there shop while I was in Great Lakes watching the son graduate from Navy boot camp. They do have some great burley blends IMHO. Blend 300 has become one of my everyday favorite blends.

Mikem":yleg6e0h said:
I have been ordering from Uhle's going on four years now. Ever since our own Pipemaker (who happens to live in near there) showed me there shop while I was in Great Lakes watching the son graduate from Navy boot camp. They do have some great burley blends IMHO. Blend 300 has become one of my everyday favorite blends.
Uhle's seem to get two thumbs up from a lot of folks. I will have to try them out soon.

Does any know how their 300 blend compairs to Butternut Burley?

J_Rock, IMHO they are too very different blends in taste as far as my palate is concerned. The best way I can describe it is the Butternut Burley is much sweeter burley IMHO as it is more of a straight burley while the 300 has English undertones to it. Hope this helps.

That sounds very tempting Mike. I will have to check them out for my next burley TAD.

Try this..............equal amounts of Carter Hall and Half & Half. Press and seal in mason jar to allow the two to marry. Pretty good stuff.

PanheadJack":c3kr914k said:
Try this..............equal amounts of Carter Hall and Half & Half. Press and seal in mason jar to allow the two to marry. Pretty good stuff.
Thanks tons PanheadJack.. Got some Half & Half n Carter Hall at the store.. They still have that OTC in my small town.. Hard to find anything else that is not meant to be smoked with rolling papers.. I will let it marry well..
Chuck.. :rabbit:

I'm a burley neophyte so take that into consideration.

I really like University Flake. I bought about a dozen tins in 12/08, and thankfully they really toned down the berry topping in that production; makes the burley, which I always knew was there, standout. I don't have many descriptors for it, but just plain like it. In the older production, of which I've smoked some dozen tins, it was much more pronounced and muddled the taste of the fine tobacco that under-lied it.

I would have to agree with my brothers here, Uhle's has about the finest Burley I've tried, my all time favorite is Perfection Plug Burley, in my opinion not to be missed. Be careful though, you may never smoke another tobacco again.

Midnight Blues":n36xa19d said:
I would have to agree with my brothers here, Uhle's has about the finest Burley I've tried, my all time favorite is Perfection Plug Burley, in my opinion not to be missed. Be careful though, you may never smoke another tobacco again.
That is how I feel now about Butternut burley. I will have to give it a go. One of our generous brothers offered to send me some samples of Uhle's. I can't wait to try these.

I have been enjoying a tin of University Flake as well the last couple of weeks. It is one of those blends that has grown on me. I am going to try some other burley blends as well to see what this genre is all about...