Burley Suggestions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Rock

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I am on a quest for some good burley. I know this is a very broad catagory. Maybe I can narrow it down by telling you some of my favorite burley blends now. I really like Carter hall, Butternut Burley, and Boswell's Premium Burley. I know Peretti,s has a good selection but there are a ton of different blends on there. What are your guy's recommendations.

Thanks guys in advance.

Ive like all the Perettis ive tried.

I really like H&H Classic Burley Kake also

Uhle's of Madison, WI has some GREAT Burleys, they are among my favorites.

Rodney

Ditto Canvasback's critique of Uhle's, Perettis offers of Somerset Slice[$$$] is the finest Burley I have ever smoked, and I 've smoked Lazarus' Bros. Edgeworth Slices, Ken :tongue:

pipetongue1":9bk5axj1 said:
Ditto Canvasback's critique of Uhle's, Perettis offers of Somerset Slice[$$$] is the finest Burley I have ever smoked, and I 've smoked Lazarus' Bros. Edgeworth Slices, Ken :tongue:
I would echo Peretti's Somerset Slice, but it is very costly indeed.

From C&D: Old Joe Krantz, Haunted Bookshop, and Cube Cut Burley (#160) are my favorites - especially the latter, which is simply superb.

These are some good suggestions guys. Some of these sound real good. The somerset slice is little out of my price range but it sounds like it gets two thumbs up though. I will have to save up for some. I will be ordering some of the others.

Wessex Burley Slices, Jim's Sweet Burley both from Smoky's in Knoxville, TN. Also Gatlinburly from the Gatlinburlier Shop in Gatlinburg, TN.

Canvasback":nle4yvs9 said:

Rodney
I didn't know they had a branch in Mad-City. I'll be at that fine, old B&M in downtown Milwaukee this Saturday, buying a pound or two (actually, a 14 ounce bag or two) of their blend #300. A great cubed burley with a touch of honey casing. As sweet and mellow as a burley can be.

Natch

Natch":pem5gwhg said:
Canvasback":pem5gwhg said:

Rodney
I didn't know they had a branch in Mad-City. I'll be at that fine, old B&M in downtown Milwaukee this Saturday, buying a pound or two (actually, a 14 ounce bag or two) of their blend #300. A great cubed burley with a touch of honey casing. As sweet and mellow as a burley can be.

Natch
Will they do phone orders? That sounds like some good stuff.

Yes, I've ordered over the phone from them several times, and as I go back to Wisoland with some regularity, I often go to the store. Oddly enough, the cost difference between Wisconsin tobacco taxes and the cost of shipping is almost identical.

http://www.uhles.com/

Natch

J .... if you like Carter Hall and that OTC stuff..... hit Sir Walter Raleigh and Prince Albert.......

Classy stuff would be some of C&D burley's
Haunted bookshop
Old Joe Krantz (power on the N)
Exhausted Rooster.

Ken's Choices are really good too..........

More amens from the chorus about Uhle's (I like the Crushed White Burley best I think). H&H Classic Burley Kake is nice, too, though very aromatic, so be aware.

For an OTC my go-to is Granger, but fair warning, I am not in the majority on this point.

I can't find the Sommerset Slice on Peretti's site. :?: :?: :?:

Piet Binsbergen":mi33l7gr said:
Forgot to throw in a classic OTC burley, Prince Albert and Carter Hall! :roll:
I got those covered. I could never be without Carter Hall. That is one of my go to blends. There is a little shop in town that I buy CH and PA from.

J_Rock":ytmzg2da said:
Piet Binsbergen":ytmzg2da said:
Forgot to throw in a classic OTC burley, Prince Albert and Carter Hall! :roll:
I got those covered. I could never be without Carter Hall. That is one of my go to blends. There is a little shop in town that I buy CH and PA from.
J.......
JP sent me some earlier this year........ besides walnut, those two are my dead favorite all round smokes! Great minds think alike!!!! wish our OTC was of that quality!

Canvasback":kcx2kcky said:

Rodney
Okay just sent Uhle's and email to request a price on 8oz. Of Blend # 300 .. Ya gotta just go for it to see if you like it I guess.. It is like a room full of candy that you have not tried yet.. Okay guys I will get over it soon.. Just saying..
Chuck..